ForumsQuestionsPrivate Message in Forums

Private Message in Forums
Proximo

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I just had a great thread conversation with a particular user and would love to dive deeper in discussion on some areas.

The problem is that there is no Private Message option in the Toodledo forums.

Can we have this added? This is a standard feature on 99% of any forum.

Thanks
Anders

Based on previous comments, I think Toodledo wants this too. It's probably a matter of when they will have time to implement it. 99% of forums are prefab environments that are purchased with all features in place. Toodledo has built these forums from the ground up, and in many ways that makes them great. While PM would be awesome, I have believe forum improvements in general take a backseat to task features. Still I hope we see this materialize. It is one of the most needed features for the forums.
Anders

I just had an idea, and I would be interested to know what others think. My idea is an integrated Toodledo messenger. It would allow people to communicate directly with others from the forums, but would have additional functionality. It would allow collaborators to communicate directly with one another ("Hey, I assigned you a task. Get on it!"), and could also be set to receive Toodledo news updates for those who don't want to check the forum frequently. It could even go further than that, maybe allowing people to receive task reminders that come up while they are using the website. Anyway, maybe I'm dreaming, but how cool would that be?
RichR

Score: 1 Reference
That would be very cool Anders! But a lot more work than establishing private messages in this forum. Think it will have to go in the someday/maybe folder?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do plan to add private messaging in a future update.
Proximo

Posted by Toodledo:
We do plan to add private messaging in a future update.

Great. I do agree with Anders in that this would take a back seat from feature updates.

As a short term solution. Is there a way to have a link in the user profile section where you could click on it to request an email address for further communication.

Not sure if this is a good idea or not, just thinking out loud.

Thanks again.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
jshallman

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
proximo - you are awesome - you have sold me on using toodledo - i have been trying to implement GTD in toodledo but have had a difficult time figuring out how to make it work.

question - how to do get stuff into inbox instead of No folder?

how do i use the greasemonkey script?

This message was edited Sep 01, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Sep 02, 2009
Posted by jshallman:
proximo - you are awesome - you have sold me on using toodledo - i have been trying to implement GTD in toodledo but have had a difficult time figuring out how to make it work.

question - how to do get stuff into inbox instead of No folder?

how do i use the greasemonkey script?

jshallman,

Let's not derail this thread with questions and answers, because others may never find it.

Since I can't Private Message you. :-)

Why don't you post your question on the "Getting Things Done" section of the site. You can add it to the existing threads there on my setup or you can create a new post.

Just thinking like a Moderator here since I do this for other sites. I am sure Anders would have recommended the same.

Look forward to your questions there.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.