ForumsQuestions"remind me" field sorting problem

"remind me" field sorting problem
Archer

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
On my iPhone app, there seems to be an issue with the "remind me" field sorting. When I go to Settings >> Fields & Defaults, the "remind me" field is not displayed in the list. When I am editing a task, the "remind me" field appears in a rather random position between "due date" and "due time," which totally disrupts my preferred order of task fields. If I go back and reorder the fields, the "remind me" field will show up in another seemingly random position (actually, I believe it maintains its set position in the list regardless of the chosen order and position of other task fields).
Anders

Score: 0 Reference
The Remind field is not in the Fields and Defaults page because it is linked to Due Date (You can't have a reminder without a Due Date). It should always be right after Due Date in the task details screen. It is for me even if I reorder my fields. However, I am using a beta of the next version, so maybe this was changed.
Archer

Of course, you're correct. I see now that the remind me field does follow the due date field. I still don't like it, but I understand the rationale. Thanks.
Anders

I actually wish there was some way to make it follow the Due Time field because I think it makes the most sense to set the date, then the time, and then the reminder.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 01, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
cinducil

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Hi... I've just bought and installed the Toodledo app for my iphone today. I've tried the posting a task but can't seem to find the "remind me" field between the Due Date and Due Time. I only have priority, folder, due date, due time, and repeat fields but no remind me. I'm not sure how to correct this but I do have push notifications available for my phone and have not jailbroken my phone either. Thanks...
Anders

Posted: Sep 11, 2009
Make sure you set reminders up on he website too. See this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85
max.pratcarrabin

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
I would like to set up a default Reminder. Which is not possible because it cannot be seen in Settings >> Fields & Defaults.

If it is linked to Due Date and its order cannot be changed (please stop this tricking stuff), you could make it appear anyway in Settings >> Fields & Defaults, in grey or smt, non changeable, and following automatically the Due Date field.

Frankly, to be pissed off because I though there was a bug, and I told it through a support ticket - and had only a "Thank you for your suggestions", there were 10 of them... - and tried to figure out what I was doing wrong, and to go to the Help area, look for everything, and finally to HAVE TO come here to discover that this is "normal" (normal for who? please...) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all have other stuff to do better tha, figuring out how works a piece of software only because a feature only looks like a bug.

Please fix this to make it user friendly. Not mind-twicked, and time-wasting.

Thanks,

Max
Anders

Posted: Sep 29, 2009
Posted by max.pratcarrabin:
I would like to set up a default Reminder. Which is not possible because it cannot be seen in Settings >> Fields & Defaults.

See Toodledo's recent comment here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/3356/-18234/read.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.