ForumsQuestionsSubtask view by Status?

Subtask view by Status?
Casey

Posted: Aug 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way to have different selections for the subtask flatten/hidden/nested view according to the tab you're currently in? I've got my parent tasks filed as "Planning" under the status view, and there, I would like the subtasks to be nested, so I can see everything tied to the parent. However, the subtasks have different statuses (i.e. next action) and I would like them to show up when I look at the next actions status, without having to select subtasks: flattened. Is it possible to change the subtask view to only next those subtasks when they have the same status (i.e. if I'm looking in next actions and a subtask has the "next action" status, it shows up flattened, but if I look at the parent, in the "Planning" status, it shows up nested)?

That would be really helpful for me, personally. Not sure if it would help anyone else.
Anders

This can't be done, but I will tell you what I do. My status view is Flattened, and sorted by Status. All my Next Actions (standalone tasks, and project subtasks) show up together at the top of the list. All my Active projects show below them. What is nice about this is that you can still open any of the project parent tasks if you want to see everything, but it will pull the subtasks from elsewhere on the screen (Next Action, etc.). I keep my main view indented and also sorted by Status. At the top are only my standalone Next Actions, but right below are all my active projects, and each has (should have at least) a Next Action at the top of the subtask list. Basically I switch around between those views depending on what I am doing. Also remember that, while tabs within any one view all have the same sorting and filtering, each main view can have its own filtering and sorting. Also, each view has an all tasks list, so you can take advantage of views you don't regularly use just to get a different sort/filter scheme for your task list. I hope I understood your question correctly. Please say so if I did not.
Casey

Thanks, Anders. Makes sense to me! I think I can use Status as my primary (which I do) and use context for looking at my projects (I have a unique projects context).

Thanks,

C
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.