ForumsQuestionsCreation Date/time

Creation Date/time
jwelshjr

Posted: Jun 22, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
I thought I had found a way to view the time a task was created, but I can't seem to find it again. Does this exist? If not, then please consider this a feature request. There are situations that I just need to know when I created a particular entry - it doesn't need to be a perpetually viewable bit of info, just something I can toggle, sort, or click to find the info. Thx!
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 22, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Yes - Right-click on a check box to the left of the task - the "Completion" check box. That shows "Added" followed by the date the task was added.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2008
Actually, you shouldn't need to right click, just hover your mouse over the checkbox. Also, you can click the "sort" link at the top of the page and sort your tasks by "date added" to make the hidden field appear.
whitten

Posted: Jun 24, 2008
I tried the "hover" trick and tried the right-click, neither of which worked for me (Firefox 1.5.0.12) I don't know if this is browser specific or not.

As an alternate issue: is this information available through the API ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 25, 2008
Wow, that is an old web browser. Firefox is up to version 3.0 now. I suspect that the hover trick doesn't work on firefox 1.5

Also, yes all this info is available in the API.
jwelshjr

Posted: Jul 07, 2008
I'm using FF 3.0 and the hover trick doesn't work for me either. ??? I do however get the "due date" if I hover over "due in xx days."
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 07, 2008
I just confirmed that the hover trick works in FF2 and FF3. If you are using one of these versions, it could be that you have a FF extension that is causing the hover effect not to work.
Qrystal

Posted: Jul 09, 2008
I just tested, and found that the hover effect does not work for me. But I had a suspicion...

I switched my view mode to Grid, and the hover DOES work. Perhaps those of us not seeing it work are all using Multi-Line view?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hmm, that is a possible bug. We'll look into that. Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yup, that was it. Fixed now.
Qrystal

Wow, that was fast! 4 minutes, according to the posts here! :P

You rock!
jwelshjr

Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Way Cool. Very helpful! Thanks for your keen observation Qrystal and the SPEEDY response Toodledo!
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 10, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
There are a few fields for every task that cannot be displayed directly. But you can get those fields to display by sorting on the field.

- from any task display screen, click to the right top on the "Sort" link
- in the "Sort By" box, select the field you want to view
- click the "Sort" button
- the field will now display to the right of your existing fields
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.