ForumsQuestionsChanges "&" to "%26"!

Changes "&" to "%26"!
Dave

Posted: Sep 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello All,

Appears that Toodledo is changing the "&" to "%26", does anyone know why or how to prevent this from happening... is it a font thing?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In what circumstances are we changing & to %26? I was unable to find out where this is happening.
Anders

It's an encoding thing, but I'm not clear on where or why you are seeing it. Essentially you should only ever see "&", but certain programs that import, export or sync with Toodledo will have to encode the "&" character as "%26" to make it appear correctly on Toodledo. Where are you seeing this?
Dave

Posted: Sep 15, 2009
Thanks for the responses!

I am using a TO DO application on the iphone and sync with Toodledo.

If I enter text into the TO DO application that includes &
then after I sync, toodledo shows it as %26.

For example, I just created a to do on the phone with a subject line of:

& &

After I sync, in toodledo, the subject line is:

%26 %26

And, even if I make changes (on either end) and resync, the app on the iphone remains & and toodledo remains %26.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I suspect that this is a bug with Todo, which is made by Appigo.com.

%26 is the proper way to encode the & symbol when transferring it via our API, and Toodledo will decode %26 into an & (I just tested it and it worked). What is probably happening is that Appigo is double-encoding it. So they convert the & to a %26 and then encode the % as %25, so they actually send %2526, which will decode into %26. Sorry for getting so technical. You'll probably also see the bug with the + and ; symbols.

I'll look into this to see if it is our bug, but you might want to contact Appigo about this as well.

This message was edited Sep 15, 2009.
Anders

Strange, I just tried this out by creating a task with & in the Subject, Tag, and Notes fields in Todo, and it synced to Toodledo fine (no %26). You should definitely contact Appigo, but you may want to give them as much detail as you can, since it does not appear to be a universal issue. Here is their site: http://www.appigo.com/
You could also try posting in their Todo Google group to see if this is something others are experiencing: http://groups.google.com/group/appigo-todo
Dave

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
The ToDo app I'm using is Ultimate ToDos- not Appigo (I actually have tried just about all of the ToDo apps and the app in combination with Toodledo works very well for me- currently run about 130-150 todos at any one time).(http://www.mmdesoft.com/ut/index.html)- I'll submit a bug report. Thanks for the help!
Dave
Anders

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Ultimate Todos is a very nice app in many ways, and I am partial to it because that app is how I found Toodledo. However, it is rarely updated, and frequently buggy. The developers were quite helpful and responsive when I first communicated with them about a sync bug several months ago, and they fixed that. Unfortunately, I am not even sure if they are doing anything with that app anymore. They have not responded to any of the emails I have sent them in the past 6 months or so. Currently all my Due Dates show up one day off in UT. I reported this serious issue, and got no reply. It really is a shame, and I hope that my suspicions are not true, but I thought I should warn you, especially since others have reported similar lack of support from MMDESOFT (just check the Third Party Applications forum, or do a search).
Dave

Posted: Sep 18, 2009
Yes Anders, in regards to MMDESOFT support, I kind of had the same vibes when I asked a few questions early on and never heard anything from them and like you, it is also how I found Toodledo.
I use it, in combination with Toodledo, all of the time- at work, I'm on one or the other several times an hour as I track everything in them... this old head can't keep it all stored up there anymore.

Out of all of the To Do/Task apps I've tried, none of them do everything I'd like/use but Ultimate ToDo seems to be the closest, however, I have not tried the iphone 3.0 versions of any of them as I haven't updated the OS to 3 (my phone is jail broken and I like some of those features better than what 3 offers).

So, I guess until I find something better (or find additional problems I can't work around) and not count on any updates/fixes to the app.

Thanks again everyone!
Dave
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.