ForumsQuestionsInconsistent numbering?

Inconsistent numbering?
mr_many_notes

Posted: Sep 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

When I look at the list of starred items online, I may have (say) 15 items. Then if I click on one of the stars to deselect it, and I clicked on the starred items tab, the tab will still say "Starred (15)", but the title will say "14 starred items".

Is this a bug?
Anders

I've noticed this before too. It seems like the tab counts are sometimes a couple of steps behind the action. I find that the count corrects itself if I change to another view and back.
Vin Thomas

I have noticed some issues with this too. Usually pressing "r" (for refresh) will solve the problem.
Proximo

This is also an issue when you are looking at different context. The number does not change according to the context.

So if I have 75 actions on my list, but only 25 of them are in my Work context. When I switch to Work context I still see 75 and it freaks me out.

I believe Toodledo is working on this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 18, 2009
The number printed on the tab is the total number of tasks (without filters) that are in the tab. This number does not update until you refresh the page (although we have plans to improve this). The number in the toolbar shows the number of tasks currently displayed. The different between these two numbers are the tasks that are hidden due to filters.
mr_many_notes

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
There really needs to be some easy way for the user to understand directly what's going on, either by making the numbers always clear and always adding up, or by giving a link to the filtered tasks.

For example, at the moment I have the following ridiculous display:

All Tasks (2010)
2013 To-dos sorted by Folder

Either "All Tasks" is all tasks or it is not. The subdivision of these "All tasks" (a, b, c) having more tasks than the grouping (a+b+c) is extremely confusing for the user.

This message was edited Nov 06, 2009.
Proximo

Posted: Nov 06, 2009
Posted by mr_many_notes:
There really needs to be some easy way for the user to understand directly what's going on, either by making the numbers always clear and always adding up, or by giving a link to the filtered tasks.

For example, at the moment I have the following ridiculous display:

Either "All Tasks" is all tasks or it is not. The subdivision of these "All tasks" (a, b, c) having more tasks than the grouping (a+b+c) is extremely confusing for the user.

All Tasks (2010)
2013 To-dos sorted by Folder

2010 WHAT ARE YOU A CYBORG?

Sorry for raising my voice. Just got a little excited there. Seriously, 2010 task?

How do you keep your sanity?

This message was edited Nov 06, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 09, 2009
The number on the tab shows the total number of active tasks (tasks that are not completed). If you are showing completed tasks in your list via the "show recently completed tasks" filter, then there will be more than this number of tasks on the screen.

We will try to make this more clear in a future update, or FAQ entry
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.