ForumsQuestionsSchedular Defaults?

Schedular Defaults?
whitten

Posted: Jul 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Many times, I am using the Scheduler, I find that I want to use the same context and the same folder. I don't know how to set the defaults so I don't have to choose those every time I use the Scheduler. Is there some way to do this?

Dave

PS: I just realized I made a typo in the subject line of this topic, how do I edit that ?

This message was edited Jul 02, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 03, 2008
Currently it is not possible to set a default folder or context inside the scheduler, but thanks for the idea.

Also, you can't edit a topic's subject yet (thats on our to-do list).
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
Posted by whitten:
Many times, I am using the Scheduler, I find that I want to use the same context and the same folder. I don't know how to set the defaults so I don't have to choose those every time I use the Scheduler. Is there some way to do this?

I have an idea, but first a disclaimer:
This will not give you the exact same tasks (and may be a longer list of tasks) as compared to using the scheduler.

OK, the idea is that you could create a complex saved search. The key is putting some thought into how you combine criteria. I use several different saved searches to see certain important tasks (perhaps what I do is similar to what you are doing).

To get what you need, you might apply tight criteria like:

checked is "no"
AND
due date before "tomorrow"
AND
folder is "______"
AND
context is "______"

It may take some experimenting with the criteria to fine tune what tasks make it through and get displayed.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2008.
whitten

Posted: Jul 22, 2008
It's a nice idea (using a complex saved search).
I'll play around with it. I thought the scheduler did more than just list tasks that were available for action.

Is that all it does?

Dave
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 25, 2008
Posted by whitten:
I thought the scheduler did more than just list tasks that were available for action.

You are right, the scheduler does more than just list tasks. It looks at due dates, priority and length for all your tasks to determine what are the most important tasks you should be working on right now in the amount of time, folder and context you designate.

So you may want to include some usage of those fields if you use a complex search.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.