ForumsQuestionsParent/subtask in csv export seems to be missing

Parent/subtask in csv export seems to be missing
Ray Trask

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am trying out toodledo to see if I can do status reporting. I need to export the projects and their subtasks (preferably into Excel). There does not seem to be seem to be enough information that I can sort sub-tasks by project.

The main reason I am considering using this tool, is it's ability to print out project/task data from TODO iphone app.

Thanks for your attention,
Ray
Anders

Posted: Sep 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
The CSV export does not support task hierarchy yet. You have two options.

1) You can use the XML export. That does support subtasks, and Excel (at least 2007) can open it as an XML table. You will get some unneeded information in the first few columns, but you can just delete them. There will be a column called "Parent". Subtasks will have a nonzero number in that column representing the ID of the parent task. Parent tasks will have a zero in that column.

2) You could also pretty easily use Toodledo's Advanced Search and Multiedit ( http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php ) to add Tags to all subtasks, all parent tasks, etc. identifying them as such. Then you could use the Tag column to sort out task types in Excel using the CSV export.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.