ForumsQuestionsFilter by anything other than "context"

Filter by anything other than "context"
eykanal

Posted: Sep 30, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
It seems that currently we can only filter via "context". It would be great if we could choose how we want to filter, so that we could also choose to filter by tag, or by due date, or priority, or whatever. Thanks!
Anders

I would love a Tag filter. Better Tag implementation is pretty much my top wish for Toodledo. You can filter by dates using the future tasks filter, and you can filter out -1 Priority as well.
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
Better tag functionality would enable me to minimize the fields I use for other things (context, priority, etc). I would love to this feature reworked too!
Anders

Exactly! I was totally torn for a while between Tags and Contexts, and even used both for a while. I have settled in to tags because they are so much more versatile, but that is one area of Toodledo I really think needs an upgrade.
Proximo

Posted: Oct 01, 2009
I think Context and Tags needs updates.

Context: The ability to use multiple context for a task. This becomes more important when you are trying to select a Location Context but also understand the Resource needed.

Tags: Tag Cloud support, Tag list pull down to allow easy picking of tag without mistyping another one, Multiple Tag pop out to make it easy to see a task with multiple tags.

I would change some things on my current setup with the ability to have multiple context with better tag support.
TheGriff_2

Posted: Oct 01, 2009
I agree with the Tag overhaul that's needed.

I'm curious about the multiple context request though perhaps I build resource and location into contexts.

For example, all calls go into @Phone. I don't need my system to know where I am, just that I have calls to make. I may determine that based on my location a particular type of call is not appropriate however I believe that to be part of scanning your list to determine what to do.

Now if I have a task that can only be done on my home media server I'll add it to @Home.

In previous messages I've mentioned the idea that we sometimes try to have our systems do too much. With GTD there is always an element of decision making to be done "in the moment". To get so granular that you split tasks into @Phone @Work seems a bit much. What happens if you are away from work taking care of a sick child? You still can do your @Phone items.

All that said, obviously adding multiple contexts isn't something I'd do. Admittedly I do use a few saved searches named by location to tell me what resources I have available at any one moment. This feature wouldn't hurt me either but I'd hope it'd be lower on the list of todo's for the dev team.
HansD

Posted: Jan 17, 2010
To filter on additional fields would certainly help with fields that cannot be sorted, eg starred.
greg-pre2012

Posted: Feb 08, 2010
Having another drop down similar to the "Show Only (context)" for folders would be a huge plus.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.