ForumsQuestionsFeature Request Post

Feature Request Post
Claudio

Posted: Oct 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Anyway, I'm looking forward to Jake's response to my questions and comments.

I respect him, and I appreciate what he's done so far. I think that Toodledo has great potential, but for now, it's not clear to me how Jake, on his own, can take it to the next level.

Basecamp blows it away in collaborative projects, and RTM (despite all the negative) is still more popular than Toodledo. (Check out the stats for website traffic at alexa.com.)

Websites and companies have a lot of competition. I've stuck with Toodledo for over a year because I like the way it integrates with my iPhone and I really like the level of support that Jake and Anders provide.

But if some other company comes along with an online/iPhone task manager that integrates with my iPhone/Gmail contacts, and that has a better way of using Tags, and has a better implementation of GTD, and has a more stylish interface, then what am I going to do? I'll think about it seriously, that's what I'll do.

This message was edited Oct 06, 2009.
Vin Thomas

I have seen all of those. I don't think nueva sync will work for me because of the way I use TD. When in a pinch, I use my mobile browser. But it would be nice to see a nice mobile app come out for WM.

I will have to check out PI too when it is ready to sync with Toodledo.
Proximo

Posted by Claudio:
But if some other company comes along with an online/iPhone task manager that integrates with my iPhone/Gmail contacts, and that has a better way of using Tags, and has a better implementation of GTD, and has a more stylish interface, then what am I going to do? I'll think about it seriously, that's what I'll do.

If I was a Mac user. I would be using Things without question. I only wish the team that makes Things would make a web version of the Desktop software. That would allow me to use Things on the iPhone and on my Windows PC.

I always keep my eyes out for something that is more enjoyable to work with. I can only hope Toodledo starts to step it up in the areas we are all wanting to see change.

For now, like many others, I am sticking with Toodledo and hope for the best.

Jake has done a great job and I respect the fact that he started a company. I am not sure how fast he is willing to grow. At some point, you can't be a one man Army and keep your growing user base happy. This is why so many of use want time frames or ideas on what is coming.

Now let me get back to work.
Alan

Posted: Oct 07, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
The pessimist in me also doubts that having such a list would cut back on duplicate requests. I suspect that most people wouldn't take the time to search for before posting.
What if you tried the Google approach of setting up a specialized form for feature requests, and providing a selectable list of the top 10 or 15 enhancment requests that you already have on file. The would probably satisfy the need of users to have a centralized place for requesting a feature, and would it not also allow you to better track those requests?

If a user wants to "vote" for one of the 10-15 on the list already, they can add their voice. If their request is not on the list, then a field allowing the user to fill in their own would also be there. Every now and then, you can change the existing list depending on the requests coming in.

This message was edited Oct 07, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo continues to improve at a steady pace, and we believe that Toodledo is improving faster than the competition. Just like many of you, we wish that we could improve even faster, but unfortunately we have limited time and money.

We understand that people want to know what is planned for the future, but just like most other respectable companies (Apple and Google spring to mind), we like to keep things secret until they are ready. We are always working on Toodledo and we factor user requests heavily into our prioritization of what to work on next.

If there is a feature that you can't live without, and some other to-do list provides this feature, we would not fault you for switching (although we would be sad). We know that to-do lists are very personal systems and we are under no delusion that Toodledo is perfect for everyone. Although we will never stop trying.
Claudio

Posted by Toodledo:
We understand that people want to know what is planned for the future, but just like most other respectable companies (Apple and Google spring to mind), we like to keep things secret until they are ready.
First, this thread started as a suggestion to post the most frequent requests, not to post what you will actually be doing. You then made some uncharacteristically lame comments that I called you on.

As for Google, here's a link to the Gmail feature suggestion page: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=suggestions.cs

If you're going to mention Google as an example in a post about Toodledo, then I suggest you follow their example.

Vin Thomas

Claudio, take a deep breath man.

If you have taken a shot at any of the competitors you will realize that Toodledo (and Jake himself) offers the highest level of support and the most features by far.

This forum is an amazing testament to the quality of the product. Are there features I wish were part of the app that aren't? Yes. Am I gonna get all bent out of shape about it? No.

Just sayin...

Claudio

Yeah, it's time to take something, and it's not a deep breath.

It's time to take a break from Toodledo.

Over the past few weeks, I've been moving my data and files from Toodledo to Google Docs, and I've started using Outlook again as my primary tool for tracking tasks. It turns out it's actually more effective for me to turn emails into tasks rather than creating them on the fly, and I don't need one tenth of the tasks on my iPhone that I thought I needed. Most of them are business related and I can't do them unless I'm in front of a computer. I've started using Life Balance (www.llamagraphics.com) for tracking my goals and aspirations and my personal daily tasks.

I'm genuinely disappointed in Jake's comments in this thread. This, coupled with Jake's acknowledgement that he doesn't use GTD, indicates to me that Toodledo will never have the feature set that I want.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Claudio,

I am sorry that I have not been able to answer your questions satisfactorily, and that we have not had more time to implement the features that you need. We are working very hard to continue to enhance Toodledo, so please check back with us in a few months to see how we have progressed.

Thanks,
Jake
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.