ForumsQuestionsSave combination of Search and Sort

Save combination of Search and Sort
rdd

Posted: Oct 06, 2009
Score: 7 Reference
Hello,

the search and sort features are really great! In my opinion it could easily replace all other views, since you are able to create your own views as you like.
However, it could be so much better if it was possible to save a search that also includes the way of sorting that makes sense for that particular search.

Suppose you have a search for all tasks with Folder=Sports, then it might make sense to sort by Tag if you have tags like running, skiing, climbing, etc. But for another search, for example Folder=Shopping, it might make more sense to sort by Context if you have contexts like @supermarket, @mall, etc.

In the current situation you first click your saved search and then adjust the sorting. This takes several mouse clicks extra (plus extra thinking), which is a pity.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
Asheen

Posted: Nov 27, 2009
Score: 2 Reference
+1 I would absolutely love this feature. Thanks!
Holger_2

Posted: Dec 01, 2009
If I could have this feature it would save me a lot of time. I would really like to have this feature.
Gary Morin

Posted: Dec 01, 2009
Yes, I've been trying to do this.

Then have on the iphone app as well.
jodowick

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Yes.... PLEASE add this feature - it would help SO much and save a lot of time.
magictorch

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
I use Search as my default view and have a minimum of 10 saved searches that I use at any given time as they're tailored almost exactly as I need them.

It would be much more useful if you could include sorting, filters, and defaults for notes, dividers and subtask display on a per search basis however.

As it is I have to manually adjust these when switching between searches. For instance, some of my searches are a broad overview and subtasks need to be hidden for ease of reading, but others look for tasks due within certain time frames and subtasks need to be flattened otherwise they won't appear at all if the due date differs from the parent task.
nlwclark

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
I would love to see this feature as well. I'm a new Toodledo User, and so far this is my only major issue; I want to quickly scan a few lists in the morning, and that only works if they are sorted correctly. I suggest saving sort settings in each tab rather than each "View." At the very least, the ability to save the sort settings within our saved searches.

Loving the site in general. I switched over from RTM and have been amazed at how quickly I got to "doing" rather than just tweaking my system!
Stephan

Posted: Apr 24, 2010
Oh yes, I am desperately waiting for this tool!!!
rdd

Posted: Jun 25, 2010
I posted this long ago. Any progress on this issue? Maybe some thought from the side of Toodledo?
Transisto

Posted: Jun 25, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
indeed, It's a feature most people would use.

I had the vision of a simple up/down button along the task to bump or decrease priority. But with only 4 level , low med high top, it's less interesting.
Adam Compton

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
For what it's worth, I would also very much like this feature. I've given up on trying to use the built-in categorization options (view by folder/tag/context/etc.), and I was hoping to save searches to generate the views I needed most often. However, not being able to save the sort, subtask state (flattened etc.) and columns also makes this feature of limited use to me.
marcoluce

Posted: Jan 09, 2011
I absolutely support this point! Please make the sorting saveable together with a search.

Here's why: I have a search for "Next actions" (GTD) sorted by context, priority and due date. Subtasks are flattened. I have another search for "Projects" which needs to be sorted by priority first, and with intended subtasks.
Salgud

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
This is currently my number one request.
Dalker

I'll also add my vote for this feature
piyush_soni

+1, if voting works.
Pat

+1 from me. I am working around this limitation in a number of unsatisfactory ways now, and would really take advantage of it if added.
wderezin

Posted: Mar 14, 2011
+1 The lack of this feature is the only reason I look for another application.
Bob Walasek

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
+1 for me too - this would make searches MUCH more useful!
tina.flauger

Posted: Apr 25, 2011
Yeah, that really would help me too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.