ForumsQuestionsShared Workgroup Account and Delegation from Individual Accounts

Shared Workgroup Account and Delegation from Individual Accounts
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Oct 12, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've had great success using Toodledo on my own and would like to expand this out so that it's usable by my team for some shared projects we are working on. Based on reading through the forums, I should be able to create a shared account that anyone of us can log into.

My question is in regard to delegation. Right now I'm the only one with an account (I have a pro account). If the other users had their own accounts (e.g. free), and we had shared account (e.g. free or pro), can someone describe a workable scenario whereby the individuals can delegate tasks to each other (and have them be visible in the shared account)?

I'm going to start with building the shared account as a prototype... but would appreciate any pointers on using Tooldedo in the workgroup context.
Anders

There are probably a million different ways you could do this, but if it were me, here is what I would do. When delegating a task, clone it to make a copy first. Then delegate it to the appropriate person (removing it from the shared account). The cloned task will remain in the shared account, and you can change it's status to Delegated. It might also be useful to put the name of the person now responsible for the task in the Tag or Notes field. The downside here is that you have to delete or mark complete the tasks in the shared account when they are complete.

I just realized that in your scenario, collaborators would have free accounts, so they would not actually be able to delegate tasks, or have tasks delegated to their accounts. It might be easier to just set up one shared account, and set up Folders for each person involved, so to delegate a task, you just put it in that person's Folder.
Kenny Schiff

I'm open to getting paid accounts if that's what would make this work better.

I may just create contexts for each "party" in the mix...

I would be curious to hear from the Toodledo powers that be regarding plans to handle workgroup scenarios like I described. It would truly elevate usefulness of the system.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 1 Reference
We do have plans to improve our collaboration tools so that you can have shared lists, and be able to assign tasks but still keep track of them.
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Oct 21, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
We've experimented with a shared account, along with some individuals also having personal accounts. It seems like it's going to work, and there are some benefits of having a unified team set of tasks.

What would be ideal would be for there to be a delegation mechanism that would allow a task to live in the shared account, but also show up in individual's lists for updating and review.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.