ForumsQuestionsFirefox Add-in Not Always Showing Context or Folders

Firefox Add-in Not Always Showing Context or Folders
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Oct 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Recently the add-in either shows incomplete information when you hit the respective drop downs, or none at all. Entering tasks this way does get them into Toodledo. I'm running FF 3.5.2 under Ubuntu 9.04.
Anders

Did you try the refresh lists command?
Jon_R

Same problem here. Had no folders or contexts last night and now today have all folders, but only one context. And yes I have refreshed the list, along with signing out and back in a couple of times.
Kenny Schiff

I refreshed the list, and all the folders came back, but only one context.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I'm not sure what the problem is. A few other people have been reporting problems with our addon, but we have not been able to replicate the problem. We suspect that there is another addon that is causing a conflict, but we don't know what it is yet. If anyone who has this problem can try disabling the other addons to narrow it down, that would be helpful.
Jon_R

I have not added any new add-on's recently. I did update two existing add on's recently:

Tab Mix Plus to 0.3.82 on 10/13
IE View to 1.4.4 on 10/13

They seem to coincide with the Toodledo add on breaking, but not sure how they would effect it since it was working perfectly before.
Anders

I would try disabling tab mix plus. I used that addon for a long time, but eventually gave up on it exactly because it has a longer list of incompatible extensions than just about any other addon. I'm not saying that is it, but it might be worth trying. Also, if you can identify the problem addon, it could help Toodledo or the developers of the other addon fix the situation.
Jon_R

Just spent 15 minutes playing around and disabling both Tab Mix Plus and IE View - still no folders or contexts.

*edit to clarify*
I am not talking about the Toodledo Sidebar, that works fine yet. I am referring to the "Add a Task with Toodledo" quick add pop up.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2009.
gknutti

Posted: Oct 16, 2009
I have the same problem with the add-on - either I have no folders or contexts show up or I'll get all the folders and one context. I've refreshed multiple times and logged in and out.

I haven't added any plugins recently.

I'm on Firefox 3.5.3 and Windows 7.

What can I do to get more troubleshooting info for this issue?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Please create a support ticket so that we can investigate your situation individually.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, I think we found the problem and fixed it. We made a small change to the API that should not have caused a backwards incompatibility, but apparently it did for some people. We have now fixed it, so it should work again without needing to update your addon. You may need to do a "Tools> Toodledo > Refresh Lists" menu command.

Again, sorry for the embarrassing and inconvenient bug.
Baja Jack

Posted: Oct 18, 2009
It's working for me now. Thanks. I appreciate the high-level of support.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.