ForumsQuestionshow to set task to be visible from start to due in calendar?

how to set task to be visible from start to due in calendar?
acheri

Posted: Oct 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
For exhample I want to buy a present for my grandma (31.10.) and I know that I want to start looking for that present 14 days before her birthday (17.10). So I will set task star date to 17.10. and due date to 30.10. I will see in "Today" tab this task only on 30.10., but I want it to see it in my today agenda every day until I will complete it (buying a present).

Same with the calendar, when I want to add to my calendar for exhample 2 days lasting conference- I can only see it as task on second day becouse of due date.

Thanks you
Anders

There is no way to do this currently without setting up a bunch of individual tasks for each day you want it to appear. You could give the task an optional Due Date ("?" modifier) with a daily repeat and make the Due Date the first day you want to see it, but it would still not behave exactly as you want. It would appear on the Due Date, and then automatically appear on the next day, and so forth until completed, but it will still only appear on one day at a time (So this may work for your "Today" list, but not the calendar). Where tasks display on the Toodledo Calendar view could be improved in my opinion as well. An option to have tasks display every day between start and Due Date on the calendar is a nice feature request IMO.
acheri

Thank you for your reply,

I was thinking about repeat option, Im using personal timers (e.g. *work time, cleanup time) like this with priority -1 it works great and didnt mess up with other important tasks.

So how do I request this feature? :o)

It is realy pity that calendar here is so .. simple. There is no simple way to see my whole week or month agenda without clicking on every day and that is very limiting.

But I chose toodledo becouse I saw that they have been working on improvements, so I hope that it will not stop:-)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There are two ways to do this. One is to have a single task on her birthday and set a reminder for 14 days ahead of time.

Another way is to create two tasks. One for the birthday and another one 14 days in front that says "buy present for grandma". That prior task will appear on your list at the appropriate time and will stay there as "overdue" until you complete it.

If you over analyze it, buying and sending a present is a multistep mini-project. If you break it down into it's actionable steps, you could create the following task/subtask grouping.

Grandma's birthday [due on birthday, repeats yearly]
+Buy Present [due 14 days prior, repeats with parent]
+Buy Card [due 14 days prior, repeats with parent]
+Send Present with card [due 10 days prior, repeats with parent]
+Call Grandma [due on birthday, repeats with parent]

That might be overkill
acheri

I think I solved this by using tags. I taged "buy present for grandma" task with TWR (this week running) and add this using gracemonkey script that adds bookmarks (favorites folders). So now I have next to each other "Today" and "TWR" and by two clics I can see all my agenda for today and set whatever star date/due date I want.

Its not comfy but I can live with that :o)
acheri

Posted: Oct 20, 2009
find another solution:

when you save search with parameters:

1. not cheched off
2. due date is not today
3. start date is in the last X days
4. due date is in the next X days

this is the best I can do about it
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.