ForumsQuestionsDeleting multiple tasks at once

Deleting multiple tasks at once
rodney

Posted: Jul 16, 2008
Score: 3 Reference
I am still trying to find a way to eliminate all the tasks in a folder without deleting them one by one. I understand this feature is not available.

Has anyone figured out a work around so that multiple tasks can be deleted at once?

The only way I have been able to figure out a way to do it is to export the data file to Palm format, delete everything in one folder using the Palm desktop software and re-importing it back into toodle do, but as a result, it strips out my notes.

Does anyone have a better way?
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I can only see needing this if I needed to delete a very large number of tasks. However for any number that I would be deleting - say a half dozen or so - clicking the little trash can icons on the right side of the page several times in succession is fine.

Jim
InfoJeff

Posted: Jul 30, 2008
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by rodney:
Has anyone figured out a work around so that multiple tasks can be deleted at once?

This is not really deleting, but you could mark them all as completed:

- click "search" at top of screen
- create a new search which identifies the tasks you want to "delete" (such as, "folder" is "zzz")
- click "Multi-Edit" at top right of screen
- to the right of "Completed", check the box and change drop down to "yes"
- click "Save Changes"

All those tasks will be completed and not show anymore on your to do lists or printed booklet.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2008.
CosmosMarinerDU

Posted: Aug 13, 2008
Score: 3 Reference
This is really a generic comment and applies to lots of issues. There seems to be a general need to select a number of tasks - and often there is no single select criterion to isolate them - and then perform some action on all of those: delete, edit, or whatever. Right now there is such a selection field - but it only indicates task completion which takes effect immediately.

Don't know how impossible it would be to have something like gMail and others have where the check merely identifies that some action should apply to that taks with the action needed being selected from a pull-down list or similar.
chogg

Posted: Aug 15, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by CosmosMarinerDU:
This is really a generic comment and applies to lots of issues. There seems to be a general need to select a number of tasks - and often there is no single select criterion to isolate them - and then perform some action on all of those: delete, edit, or whatever. Right now there is such a selection field - but it only indicates task completion which takes effect immediately.

Don't know how impossible it would be to have something like gMail and others have where the check merely identifies that some action should apply to that taks with the action needed being selected from a pull-down list or similar.

Good idea. In the mean time, there is the "Multi-Edit" feature once you perform a "Search". It would be better to have an additional checkbox for sure, but most multi-task edits can be handled this way until the full functionality gets implemented. And I don't think there is a "Multi-Delete" function at all, currently.
whitten

Posted: Aug 18, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
The "Multi-edit" feature is nice, but there is also the "classic" view which does allow you to handle multiple tasks at a time, and do things to them "together". It probably is close to what CosmosMarinerDU wants.
And the good news is that it already exists!

Dave
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.