ForumsQuestionsGoogle as OpenID provider

Google as OpenID provider
Gero Vermaas

Posted: Oct 23, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Hi,

Is Google already supported by Toodledo as OpenID provider. I saw a post from Feb '09 that indicated that that would be possible in future... are we already in the future?

Regards,
Gero
Anders

Posted: Oct 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Nope, it is still the present as far as I know. What I want to know is when will I be able to sing in to Google using my Toodledo login info :)
Adam

Posted: Oct 24, 2009
Try using https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id as the OpenID.
Anders

Does that really work? I always thought to use Google as an openID provider, the sign in had to have a Google button.
Adam

I use another OpenID provider, but I just tried the link I provided. It doesn't work... Ah, well. Sorry. I got the URL from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OpenID_providers .
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2009
Our OpenID system is currently compatible with version 1.1 of OpenID. OpenID is currently on version 2.0, which we have not upgraded to yet. If your OpenID provider does not provide backwards compatibility, then it won't work with Toodledo until we upgrade (which we plan to do).
Geoff Davis

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
Pinging the developers to see if the future is now yet WRT OpenID. Thanks!
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 14, 2010
I tried using yahoo, but it didn't work. From what I've gathered, yahoo uses openid 2.0 and toodledo an older verSion of the protocol(or so I thought).
marphod

Posted: Apr 21, 2010
For what it is worth, Livejournal, perhaps the largest source/user of OpenId, no longer supports backwards compatibility.
brice.dutheil

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Any update an this matter ?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.