ForumsQuestionsDaily agendas in Gmail from ToodleDo Calendar Problem

Daily agendas in Gmail from ToodleDo Calendar Problem
teknia micro

Posted: Oct 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I am subscribed to receive daily agendas for my Toodledo calendar in Gmail (5:00 AM) (set in Gmail settings)

The problem is the daily email doesn't show any ToDo items.

Details:
* ToodleDo Pro Account
* I have Tasks and sub-tasks
* Some tasks are set with varying priorities & dates
* ToodleDo Tasks is installed on Gmail calendar

Any ideas?
Anders

Google will only send you a list of events for the day, so if you have the Toodledo iCal subscription, then they will include any tasks that are Due that day, but nothing else. If you want more, you can get your Hotlist emailed to you daily from Toodledo: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=16
teknia micro

Thanks

My expectation was that since there is a ToodleDo Task button in Gmail that contains my ToDo items, those same items would be contained in the daily email reminder. Not so... but that would be a nice feature.

So, I will modify my Hotlist settings and experiment.

I'm not seeing a visual indicator that task reminders are set on a particular task which would also be nice to have.
Anders

Posted: Oct 31, 2009
Posted by teknia micro:
I'm not seeing a visual indicator that task reminders are set on a particular task which would also be nice to have.

On Toodledo, they have a bell icon next to the Due Date, but on the Slim site, and things like the Gcal gadget, you are correct that there is no indicator. That is a good suggestion.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 02, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
teknia micro

Posted: Nov 04, 2009
You're welcome.

Hey yall have something really great here with ToodleDo. I'm a fan and this is fun learning and implementing the GTD System.

My quest led me to explore other systems and one of the coolest implementations for handling tasks & sub-tasks & the ability to re-order tasks is with ToDoist.

But problems with ToDoist include: it costs over twice what yall charge & they leave questions un-answered, many with multiple posters asking for responses. That's scary...

And their Gmail implementation of making an email a task (hint, hint) is very good but I didn't see an iCal subscription feature or daily agenda email.

Anyway, maybe you can consider these features too as you continue developing ToodleDo?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 04, 2009
Yes, these things are on our to-do list already.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.