ForumsQuestionsRequest for "Due Date" visual enhancement options

Request for "Due Date" visual enhancement options
Acustk

Posted: Jul 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hey ToodleDo,

I'd like to suggest two user-optional enhancements to the "Due Date" display field.

1) When viewing the due date, I find it is also helpful to quickly see what day of the week that is. For example, right now it displays as:

Jul 23, 2008 ...but it would be even more productive for me if I could choose for it to also display as:

Jul 23, 2008 (Wed)

Perhaps under the date format option in account settings you could have an additional checkbox for "Display day after due date."

2) Secondly, it would enhance my productivity if I could opt to see how many days until the "Due Date". So it might look something like this:

Jul 23, 2008 (3 days)

These do take up more column space, but if they are user options it sounds like a win-win.

Thanks for a great application.

Acustk
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 21, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
Pedja

Posted: Jul 21, 2008
Hi guys,

another suggestion for a due date enhacement. Right now, the major groupings for due dates are by month. In my case, for example, when I currently sort by tasks by due date most of them end up being grouped under the July 2008 heading. While it's good to be able to distinguish tasks that are due this month from those that are due next month, for me--and I assume for others too--it would be more helpful for the groupings to be more fine-grained. I would love for the default sort by due date to give me a group of tasks that are overdue, those that are due today, those due tomorrow, those due this week, and only then those due this month. Being able to see this at a glance without having to do date arithmetic would be really helpful.

Otherwise, Toodledo rocks. In combination with the iPhone app Todo, I now finally have a to-do management system that works seamlessly on both Macs and PCs, as well as when I am out and about. Thanks for creating such a great web app.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.