ForumsQuestionsCustom repeat and smart add—is this possible?

Custom repeat and smart add—is this possible?
sentur

Posted: Dec 06, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm looking to move from RTM which I do like a lot especially since they added the Smart Add feature. I've read a few posts talking about Toodledo implimenting it but is this going to happen any time soon?

Also on RTM there's a feature where you can set custom repeat dates. Can't seem to see if this is possible with Toodledo?

Finally is there anyway to enter full prose information for dates e.g. Tomorrow or in 11 days time? As you can on RTM?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 08, 2009
We have thought about the smart add feature, but you can already add tasks pretty fast if you use the keyboard shortcuts (tab, arrow keys, return) to navigate through the add task box. Its almost the same speed.

I don't know what you mean about custom repeat dates. On Toodledo, you can have a task that repeats on a variety of different schedules.

Certain prose is understood. For example, "tomorrow" is understood, as is "5 days". Try it.
sentur

Posted: Dec 08, 2009
Thanks for the reply. After a bit more practice I managed to get the prose thing working like you said.

The smart Add feature would be a huge bonus for me and especially if it was introduced to the iPhone app as well as this would really speed up things on the iPhone.

Thanks
Rich

Posted: Dec 17, 2009
I second the smart add. I typically have about 9-10 different fields enabled to get all the functionality I need, but typically, when entering a task, I want only a couple features, like the subject, a context, and maybe a note, which means I need to tab like 7 times to get down to the note field.

To help with this, I have been using Toodleair: http://www.jga23.com/tag/toodleair/ , but using something internally in the site would obviously be better, especially if I am on another computer.
Alan

Posted: Dec 17, 2009
+1 in favour of Smart add. Especially on the iPhone. IN FACT, I OFTEN EMAIL TASKS TO MYSELF BECAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN ENTERING THEM USING THE IPHONE INTERFACE.
c.barber78

Posted: Feb 28, 2010
Posted by Alan:
+1 in favour of Smart add. Especially on the iPhone. IN FACT, I OFTEN EMAIL TASKS TO MYSELF BECAUSE IT'S FASTER THAN ENTERING THEM USING THE IPHONE INTERFACE.

Right here too. Really needs this it does.
slef

Posted: May 26, 2010
also +1 for smart add. Actually this is the main reason I haven't yet switched from RTM
PeterW 

Posted: May 26, 2010
For iPhone users, there is a third-party app (free) named QuickToodle which allows fast entry of tasks. It's in the app store.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.