ForumsQuestionsStatus would be more useful if I could customize or edit

Status would be more useful if I could customize or edit
Kenny Schiff

Posted: Dec 15, 2009
Score: 4 Reference
When I started I didn't use status, but now find it's more useful to me than folders for segmenting Next Action, Waiting, etc..

Since some of the built in status values don't mean anything to me, I find them cluttering and wish that I could choose which values show up in that list.

Along these lines, I use the skinny web app as a widget on my desktop to keep "Next Actions" in front of me at all times. I wish there was a way to indicate that a specific status could be made the "default start page." Actually think this would be valuable for the regular app too.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
j2020

Posted: Dec 17, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I agree 100%. I like this feature, but find the defaults cluttered, and also limiting. For example, my tasks often involve waiting for parts to arrive, so I would like an "Ordered" status. The customizable Context fields work very well. Maybe it could be like that?
Linden

Ditto. I actually followed Proximo's original idea of using the folders to mimic status, in order to get the custom status settings I wanted.

It would be great to be able to customize the "status" field to free up "folders" for another use!
Peter S...

+1 !
Boxin

Posted: Jun 01, 2010
want this feature too.
mahmoodadeel

Posted: Jun 01, 2010
+1
Victor

Posted: Jun 21, 2010
I'd also like to see customization of the status settings. If that isn't possible, then being able to reorder the status settings
cj

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
Posted by Peter S...:
+1 !

++1
Pdarna

Posted: Aug 24, 2010
+1
Varun Bhatta

Customize the list & changing the default start page > +1

This message was edited Aug 24, 2010.
kirbyg

Isn't this essentially the same as using tags?
Salgud

Posted by judson2020:
I agree 100%. I like this feature, but find the defaults cluttered, and also limiting. For example, my tasks often involve waiting for parts to arrive, so I would like an "Ordered" status. The customizable Context fields work very well. Maybe it could be like that?

Pardon if this is a stupid question, but isn't that kind of like the status "Waiting"?
dmshaw31

+1 to customizable status fields, with the option to specify as either "active" or "deferred" when setting up a new status, as you already have them separated.

Thanks!
rkerssen

Posted: Oct 29, 2010
+1
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Oct 29, 2010
I agree with the customizable status but this will be almost the same field as tags, so you can almost leave the status as is and have a tab for tags.
greginfla_

Posted: Dec 04, 2010
+1; but I am going to look at adding additional folders to accomplish the same... (and I will look at tags. Still new haven't study the functions of tags yet).

Is it the consensus that until status field is allowed to be customized, using multiple folder is the best way to address this issue or is it tags?
josema

Posted: Jan 17, 2011
+1!
james.taylor

Posted: Mar 02, 2011
+1
anoriginalmoniker

Posted: Mar 02, 2011
+1
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.