ForumsQuestionsPoor performance in one installation of Firefox

Poor performance in one installation of Firefox
rocky

Posted: Jul 31, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo performs poorly in one installation of FF. IE7 on same machine operates much faster. For example, collapsing a priority group containing 216 tasks takes 7sec in FF and less than 1sec in IE7. FF on another machine (with a lower spec and same ver of FF on same network) works fine. Created clean FF profile on first machine but just as slow so problem isn't due to an extension. Anyone else having this problem...I'd rather not use IE7 for Toodledo?

Running Win XP with FF3.0.1
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2008
Very strange. I have no idea what would cause one version of Firefox to behave differently from another identical version on a different computer. I'll keep thinking about it and let you know if I have any bright ideas.
luke

Posted: Dec 30, 2008
I have the same issue...
dg

I'm just learning Toodledo; but right away had performance issues on FireFox. It took > 1 min to toggle detailed view on 143 tasks (imported from Outlook). I tried Google Chrome and it worked much better. Chrome is supposed to be optimized for web app's like Toodledo...and that certainly appears to be the case based on my limited experience.

This message was edited Dec 30, 2008.
luke

Yeah, it works on Chrome and even IE7... and it used to work on this Firefox install, but no more. I uninstalled Firefox, deleted the profile and it still takes between 8 and 20 seconds to actually edit something... it works fine in multi-line mode or with a filter that limits the number of tasks.
RobotGizmo

Posted: Jan 16, 2009
I am having the same problem. With Firefox v3.0.5 on my company computer it works perfectly, at home Firefox just hangs with 100% CPU usage. Same browser version, different computers. I'm forced to use IE7 with the Toodledo website, which is absolutely horrible. There are so many SSL certificate errors it's a real disappointment.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 17, 2009
We have no idea why some people are having performance problems with a small fraction of 3.0.5 installations. We haven't been able to replicate the problem, but we are still looking into it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.