ForumsQuestionsWhy do my folders always expand when opening Notebook list?

Why do my folders always expand when opening Notebook list?
alanzeke

Posted: Jan 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
New user here, just learning the ropes! Have a problem and hope someone can offer advice.

Every time I click into my Notebook list, Toodledo instantly expands all the folders, even if I have collapsed them manually before. Obviously this makes it much less useful to organize notebooks into folders, since I have to scroll through the whole list every time regardless, or else collapse the other folders by hand YET AGAIN.

Is there some way to have the Notebook list remember its state (which folders were collapsed, and which were expanded)? Or at a minimum, an option to make all the folders collapsed by default when viewing the Notebook list?

Notebooks would be enormously more useful if the folders didn't re-expand themselves constantly!

This message was edited Jan 04, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 05, 2010
We plan to make the Notebook section remember its state in a future update.
alanzeke

Posted: Jan 05, 2010
Good to hear. Thanks for the reply!
IcePylon

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
With over 400 notes in 20 Folders, I am really looking forward to this update. Keep up the good work!
michelene

Posted: Apr 01, 2010
I'm new to ToodleDo and have over 300 notes. I imported all my notes, only to discover this problem where sections won't stay collapsed. I hope this update is coming soon. Is there a projected release date?

This message was edited Apr 01, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 02, 2010
This is on our to-do list, but it is our policy to not comment on our roadmap or delivery dates for future feature improvements.
selgart

Posted: May 27, 2010
Posted by alanzeke:
Is there some way to have the Notebook list remember its state (which folders were collapsed, and which were expanded)? Or at a minimum, an option to make all the folders collapsed by default when viewing the Notebook list?

Notebooks would be enormously more useful if the folders didn't re-expand themselves constantly!

Definite +1 for this. I was going to email tech support to put in a feature request for this but then I found two threads discussing this very thing. There's this one and there's also another one where the same thing was asked in February 2009 (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/434/2/notebook.html).

To be fair I just discovered that you can reorder the notebooks to put the important ones at the top. That's a definite improvement but it's still really painful if you have a less frequently used notebook you happen to need at the bottom of the list.

In fact, in researching this topic I came across your Help pages (http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php). I think the three-column view would work perfectly for the Notebook section. The left hand column could remain the same (navigation), the middle column would be your notebook list (replacing the Help topics) and the right hand column would be your notebook items (clickable the way they are now to view and edit). This might make everyone happy. (Well, it'd make *me* happy at the very least!)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.