ForumsQuestionsWhat is easiest way to move Task/Subtask to different folder?

What is easiest way to move Task/Subtask to different folder?
lite1

Posted: Jan 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am Pro subscriber. What I just did was cumbersome, so I expect there is easier way? Working on website (not via iPhone etc.)

1) From the View By: blue menu bar text at top I chose Due Date; and from that View I used the Folder column to change several subtasks to Maybe folder.

While they did then show up in Maybe folder, they also were still showing up in the original folder. Not the result I wanted.

2) My second approach, worked but was cumbersome. I marked the subtasks in my original folder as being completed, then:
In the Recently Completed view I changed the folder to Maybe and marked the subtasks as being Incomplete.
=======
There has got to be an easier way. I have rarely had need to change the folder for a subtask, so have not stumbled upon this area that I need to learn about for TD.

Thanks ...
P.S. FYI In account settings, I have manual sort on for subtasks (great new recent feature).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
#1 is the correct way to do it. I can only think of two reasons why a subtask would appear in the old folder. One is if you had Toodledo open in two windows and were editing the folder in one window, but hadn't yet refreshed the second window to pick up the edits. The more likely possibility is that the parent task was still in the old folder, and you were viewing your subtasks "indented". When you view the old folder, the parent task would still be in that folder, and all of it's subtasks would be listed indented below it, even if those subtasks were in a different folder.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.