ForumsQuestionsPercentage Complete

Percentage Complete
david

Posted: Aug 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Is a percentage complete field going to be added someday?

What is the best way to track percentage complete now?

Thanks.
J-Mac

I sure hope not!! Percent complete is not an attribute that you normally track in a To Do list. That is reserved for a true scheduling application.

For example, how would you propose to calculate percent complete in your Toodledo list? Will you have a quantity of things to do vs. things done? Then divide one by the other? Or a simple division of total To Do's divided into completed To Do's? Would Due Date need to be considered for this calculation?

To track percent complete and make any sense of it you really need to define what you are tracking.

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I would suggest using the tag field to track percentage complete. You could make tags for "75%", "50%", etc.

Hope that helps
david

I'm not looking for a calculated percentage complete. I'm looking for a simple indicator field that expresses an estimated percentage complete. For example, if the task is to paint the building and about half of it was done on day one, at the end of day one the manager in charge of the project would set the percentage complete to 50%. That simple information helps me oversee multiple projects and determine the estimated future completion of each. It also tells me that the task has been started. The task list with the due dates tells me what needs to get done, while some type of percentage complete or project status tells me what has been done.

Toodledo:

As is, I can use context or tags.

Is there a plan to add some type of percentage complete or allow the status field to be customized?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do not have plans to add a percentage completed field. Hopefully the tag or context fields will work for your needs. You could also just modify your task's description to indicate the % complete.
J-Mac

David,

I get you now. I know that Mind Manager has an icon that is a little like the Toodledo Star - it is a box that has five states: Not filled, a quarter filled, half filled, three quarter filled, and filled with a check mark. Each time you click the box it advances one state.

Using the same concept as the Star (which is a two-state icon), that might not be too difficult to implement.

Jim
Qrystal

Posted: Aug 13, 2008
I use the notes field for that, personally. I find it much more useful to EXPLAIN why something is only half done, instead of just noting that it is the case.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.