ForumsQuestionsInbox request (option to rename No Folder)

Inbox request (option to rename No Folder)
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 25, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Hi Jake,

I know this issue has been discussed a lot on the forums by others but I'd like to put in my own request for it.

Can we please have an option to rename "No Folder" to "Inbox" and also be able to place it at the top of folder list?

Thanks,
Peter.
Alan

Score: 1 Reference
I completely agree and support this request.
Vin Thomas

Score: 0 Reference
I agree...even though it shouldn't bother me, it does.
lite1

Given other TD priorities for improvements, while I'd also like to "deal with this annoyance" it is really a low priority for me. If it were quick and easy and did not have potential cascading programming problems then I expect that it would have already been done. So if my assumption is correct then I'd suggest we stop "nagging" about this.
cjuzda

I agree with lite1 - this type of change impacts other areas such as ToDo syncing, etc. Leave it alone
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 26, 2010
Hopefully Jake can let us know if this is a difficult thing to change or not? I was hoping it wouldn't be a massive code change and could be implemented relatively simply.

I'm an Appigo Todo user so would really like the Inbox to also be the Inbox in Toodledo.

Is this possible Jake?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 27, 2010
It is possible, but I'll be honest that it is pretty low priority since it doesn't add functionality or fix any bugs. It is on our to-do list, in addition to other GTD terminology preferences.
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 27, 2010
Thanks Jake.

Even if I could just make it appear at the top of the folder list (i.e. on the left) rather than all the way to the right it would help.

Cheers,
Peter.
pete

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
I concur with everyone else here. I'd prefer to see no folder call Inbox as per GTD
mpnevans

Posted: Aug 14, 2010
What is the typical turnaround time for a low priority item? Since it has been low priority since Jan 2010, should this be implemented soon?
TheGriff_2

Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Please do not implement this request or at least make it user configurable. I do not use folders for my personal tasks so this would make a mess of my Inbox.
PeterW 

Posted: Aug 16, 2010
@TheGriff,

I made the original post in this thread and asked for it to be an optional feature, so expect this is what we will get if Jake decides to implement this.

I'm currently working off the Search view and have created my own 'Inbox' tab, although the problem is that Search tabs don't display task counts, and these are important on the Inbox so you can see if anything needs processing. So I've now asked for this to be provided.
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7043/0/task-counts-on-search-tabs.html
TheGriff_2

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
I missed that optional part...sorry for the semi-un-needed post.

I check my Inbox twice a day...don't really pay attention to the task count. I consider this my way of controlling the tasks rather than the tasks controlling me. ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.