ForumsQuestionsFilter drop-down field is too small

Filter drop-down field is too small
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

To see more on-screen, I make the fonts a bit smaller in FireFox using the shortcut Ctrl-.

However this makes the text in the dropdown field in the Filter bar very small, much smaller than other drop-down fields in the data area.

Can the Filter drop-down field be made the same font size as all others?

Thanks,
Peter.
Linden

Posted: Jan 29, 2010
Peter, you've thrown a brick of wisdom at me!

I have more columns active than I can see in one screen width. AND I'm aware of FireFox's zoom feature -- frequently using it on other sites.

Never ONCE did I think of using it here.

So, thanks for mentioning this. I'll certainly back up your request, since I'm now about to be affected by the same problem. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Vin Thomas

Another option would be to go into the Firefox settings. Under Fonts & Colors" select "Advanced". From there you can set the "Minimum Font Size".
PeterW 

Posted by Linden:
Peter, you've thrown a brick of wisdom at me!

I have more columns active than I can see in one screen width. AND I'm aware of FireFox's zoom feature -- frequently using it on other sites.

Never ONCE did I think of using it here.

So, thanks for mentioning this. I'll certainly back up your request, since I'm now about to be affected by the same problem. :)

Hey Linden, you're most welcome. Glad to be of inadvertent help!

Posted by Vin Thomas:
Another option would be to go into the Firefox settings. Under Fonts & Colors" select "Advanced". From there you can set the "Minimum Font Size".

Thanks Vin - I'm going to check that out now!
PeterW 

Posted: Jan 31, 2010
Posted by Vin Thomas:

Vin - this worked. I set the size to 12 which is a comfortable size on my work monitor. And I didn't have to deselect "Allow pages to choose their own fonts".

Cheers,
Peter.
PeterW 

Posted: Feb 06, 2010
One thing I noticed from using this workaround in FF...

The popup calendar gets a bit screwed up, e.g. the time field wraps onto the next line and the quick links next to the calendar sometimes overlap onto the calendar.

I wondered why this was happening for a few days until I remembered my workaround. When I reset FF to its default state, the popup calendar reverted to its normal state.

So if this can be fixed Jake (i.e. ensure the font in the drop-down fields doesn't get to small when the user selects to zoom the browser window) it would be great.

This message was edited Feb 06, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 08, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.