ForumsQuestionsProblems getting tasks from Jott

Problems getting tasks from Jott
mstave

Posted: Feb 04, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have a pro TD subscription as of yesterday, pay-as-you go from Jott. I set up the link, the feedback from that process indicated it succeeded.

I tried 4 times from the iPhone Jott app to get Jott to recognize "toodleedo" with various pronunciations. None worked. Their interpretation of one was "Dude, do [xyz]" was by far my favorite, but not particularly helpful. So I changed the link in Jott to be "task". It said "create new link to toodledo" (or something like that), and I said yes.

Jott recognized one subsequent item as "task, test one" and another as "task test two".

But nothing is showing up in TD, been a few hours.

Any idea?

This message was edited Feb 04, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 05, 2010
I don't know. I'll have to look into this. We stopped developing for Jott when they started charging us money to integrate with their service. It's kinda silly to charge developers to expand their product, in my opinion. Anyway, you might try using Dial2Do, which does the same thing, but is free.
eykanal

Both the FAQ section and the Tools & Services section ([1], [2]) seem to suggest that Jott is supported. You may want to consider editing/removing those pages.

This message was edited Feb 05, 2010.
mstave

Posted by Toodledo:
I don't know. I'll have to look into this. We stopped developing for Jott when they started charging us money to integrate with their service. It's kinda silly to charge developers to expand their product, in my opinion. Anyway, you might try using Dial2Do, which does the same thing, but is free.

Thank you for the response, hopefully you'll find something.

I think the version of Dial2Do that integrates with Your Fine Stuff is no longer free, though. $39.99/year
$3.99/month - I was doing the pay as you go plan with Jott (something like $4 / 15 minutes of transcription) which would have been cheaper for the light usage I have.

Jott was acquired by Nuance recently, last month they made their support forum read-only, and their last entry in their blog was to pitch a new product (Dragon Dictation) which has considerable overlap to say the least. All those things don't bode well for Jott's future. I hope I'm misreading the tea leaves.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We still list Jott on our website because some people still use it, and it was working until recently. We'll see if we can figure out what is going wrong. I have a feeling that Jott will go away soon anyway.
davidholliday

Posted: Feb 06, 2010
I recently switched from Jott to Dial2Do, mainly because the D2D service was working better for me all around.

D2D seems to understand me a lot better, far fewer errors in the transcriptions. Also there is more time for messages, 30 secs vs 20 in Jott.

I think the paid versions are about the same cost, although those of us who had been using the beta version of D2D got 2010 for free - nice gesture!
mstave

Posted: Feb 09, 2010
I've found that within the Jott iPhone app, if I select links - toodledo THEN hit record it forwards it correctly. As one can only click so many buttons in a lifetime, I hate to squander some here rather than having it understand the link verbally.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.