ForumsQuestionsSync Flagged e-mails/Tasks

Sync Flagged e-mails/Tasks
larry.judson

Posted: Aug 11, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Great app! My tasks all sync over. My problem is that when I flag an e-mail for a followup in Outlook, it goes on my task list. I see it along with my other tasks, but I can't get it to sync over to Toodledo! What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
jarrodj

Posted: Sep 21, 2008
Same problem! Thanks! Power in numbers!

Somebody HELP!

OneNote syncs to Tasks and goes to Toodledo.
Flagged Outlook email does not make it yet.

Any thoughts?
DavidSzp

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Flagged emails are displayed with tasks in Outlook 2007 but they are not really tasks. They are emails with flags. No real reason for them to sync just because Outlook now displays them with tasks, unfortunately. They aren't really "in" the tasks folder in Outlook, Outlook just does a "search for flagged items" and displays them. OneNote actually creates task items which is why that works properly (I haven't tested it but you said it does and I believe it).

That's how I understand it at least. I tried the Outlook sync but I don't like Outlook tasks anyway so I likely won't keep using it. I'll instead probably forward emails to the Toodledo Import email address and use that to create Toodledo tasks. Of course, that doesn't affect the original email when you complete it in Toodledo. It's probably doable in a sync tool given the Toodledo API but would require some hefty matching algorithm work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Maybe keef (the developer of the Outlook sync tool) will come in and give an answer, but you can contact him directly here: http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.