ForumsQuestionsModify and save Search

Modify and save Search
Claudio

Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
When I modify a saved Search and then try to save it, I can't overwrite the existing Search. I have to save the new Search and then "Forget" the previous Search.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 12, 2008
Nope, this is in case you want to use one search as a basis for making another saved search. If you want to replace a search, you are doing it correctly. Make the new one, and then forget the old one.
InfoJeff

Posted: Aug 15, 2008
Posted by Toodledo:
Nope, this is in case you want to use one search as a basis for making another saved search. If you want to replace a search, you are doing it correctly. Make the new one, and then forget the old one.

Yes, I do use saved searches as the basis for new searches . . by saving the search with a different name.

Could I request that to update a search, we can just use the same name and have the search get overwritten?
I use saved searches constantly and often find I need to adjust the way a search operates and I want to "lose" the old search with the same name.

If anyone else has this need, click "Post Reply" at end of the page and let Jake know there are more users who could use this improvement than just Claudio and me.

This message was edited Aug 15, 2008.
chogg

Posted: Aug 16, 2008
I'd love to at least have the option to do this. Frequently when I click on "Modify Search", it's because I realize, "Oh, this search is deficient because I forgot to include criterion 'X'..."

Maybe there could be a third option, in addition to "Forget" and "Modify"? Maybe instead of "Modify", we could have "Edit" (saves under the current name) and "Fork" (start a new search with the same characteristics), or some other more appropriate names?

This message was edited Aug 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 16, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
InfoJeff

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
This has now been changed.

Posted by Toodledo at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/578/0/three-small-improvements.html :
1) It is now possible to replace an existing saved search by creating a new one with the same name.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.