ForumsQuestionsFirefox plugin Sign Out problem

Firefox plugin Sign Out problem
robbinsweb-toodledo

Posted: Mar 02, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have successfully installed the FF (3.5) plugin, but notice that when I open the browser, Toodledo is logged in. I am security minded and I so logged off and restarted FF. Toodledo was logged in even though I did not select the "Remember Me" box. I have tried this several times and get the same result. I would like to have Toodledo not remember me (or at least not remember the password), and have to sign in when the browser starts. Even more preferable would be for this plugin to recognize my LastPass plugin. This way once I sing in to LastPass, the FF Toodledo plugin would be auto filled out and I can sing in.

By the way, the LastPass signs in fine with the website.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 02, 2010
We'll look into this. In the meantime, try to remember to use the "Sign Out" link before you close the browser, to sign out.
clark

Posted: Apr 16, 2010
I find this to be a problem as well. Meaning once I sign in to Toodledo on FF it NEVER asks for a password again. I can shut the PC down and when I get back up and type in the URL, I'm signed in again. I use Toodledo daily and do NOT want to remain signed in on my work PC, like this. Anyone at work can then access my account.

"remembering to signout" is not what i'd expect from a fee based service such as yours.

I have uninstalled the Add-On and I also use Google apps at work but have removed any and all references to Toodledo gadgets, URl's etc.

How can FF never need my PW again? This is a security flaw. Please advise. By the way, love the service, sync with ToDo on my iPhone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 16, 2010
When you install an add-on to your browser, it is assumed that you are the owner of the computer and the only user, so it saves your password. This is pretty standard for browser addons that require authentication.
PeterW 

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
...and I would suggest that you lock your PC if walkng away from your desk.

I do this routinely and not only for the sake of my Toodledo data but for other apps I have open. I am the admin on our company's Microsoft Dynamics AX system so if someone gained access, they could do havoc.
Andrew A

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
@clarke

And if you are in anything larger than a mom and pop shop and trying to hide something from the boss, forget about it! LOL! If hiding from coworkers, the PeterWs suggestion is right on (setting your screensaver to lock your workstation in case your forget is also important)

The truth is there are soooo many ways that the company can either see what you are doing or record keystrokes, monitor you in general, that the password to one particular app is the least of your worries.
eykanal

Posted: Apr 19, 2010
Posted by clark:
I find this to be a problem as well. Meaning once I sign in to Toodledo on FF it NEVER asks for a password again. I can shut the PC down and when I get back up and type in the URL, I'm signed in again. I use Toodledo daily and do NOT want to remain signed in on my work PC, like this. Anyone at work can then access my account.

"remembering to signout" is not what i'd expect from a fee based service such as yours.

...except that this is standard practice for many websites. Ever used gmail.com? It has the same mechanic. So does facebook, myspace, twitter, and many other web-based mail services, news sites, online forums, social networking sites, etc. If you don't like this sort of behavior, you can just log out after each use... the link to log out is conveniently placed on all pages. If that's too much work, you can disable cookies in your browser. Note that disabling cookies may have other unintended consequences.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.