ForumsQuestionsiPhone app: context separators in hotlist view

iPhone app: context separators in hotlist view
eykanal

Posted: Mar 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Currently, viewing the hotlist on the iPhone just shows a long list of stuff, without any more information:

One downside I find is that I can't tell which items are today's items, which are overdue, and which are due three weeks from now. There's now easy way to do it. (Emphasis on easy... yes, you can just read the dates, but I can't do that at a glance... I have to look through each item and assess when its due, hardly an easy task with 30+ items.)

There's a mechanism for such context separators on the iPhone, though! I give you the calendar app:

Note how the dates are separated by those funky floating section header tabs. Those are informative, intuitive, and unobtrusive.

So, my request is that Toodledo implement a sorting mechanism in the hotlist view using that interface element. I personally would separate things via date, but I imagine it would be an option - sort via importance, date, tag, etc.
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 11, 2010
This is one of the reasons I use Appigo Todo on my iPhone - it uses separators and in my opinion better use of fonts, color and icons to present the data in a way that makes it much more intuitive to read.

Toodledo's iPhone app is more powerful so I hope it the interface improves in the future.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.