ForumsQuestionsFeature suggestion: guide me through the weekly review

Feature suggestion: guide me through the weekly review
Grant_1410298063

Posted: Mar 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Warning: half-baked feature idea ahead! :)

I was just thinking that in general, the weekly review is the least-adhered-to part of the GTD process.

Since we all use (and love) Toodledo, I was thinking it would be really neat of there was a capability to have Toodledo "guide" me through the weekly review process.

Something like:

I click "weekly review"

Toodledo prepares an "outline", and the web interface points me to where I am in the outline.

I imagine the outline would be completely customizable (basically just a checklist of tasks), but an initial default list of the tasks recommended be David Allen in his book would be a good start.

I do whatever the checklist item is (maybe "get my inboxes to zero"). Then hit "Next." The arrow moves to the next checklist item. Maybe it even keeps track of the timestamps so I can see where I'm spending the bulk of my weekly review time.

I know that as I'm doing my weekly review, this causes me to create lots of new tasks and even projects. The "weekly review guide" would somehow keep track of where I am in the review checklist, even as I'm adding/removing tasks and updating my projects/folders. Maybe a "high-level-view" indicator in the website sidebar would be a good place to put it.

If not, I suppose I'd have one Firefox tab with the "weekly review guide", and any spawned off actions in other tabs.

Sorry if this is pretty vague, but I was just reflecting that my weekly review process is still pretty weak after a year of GTD, and I imagine that's the case for a lot of other people.

I think that this capability would really differentiate Toodledo from the other GTD apps out there, as the weekly review is often the most thorny, difficult part of the process.

Just some thoughts for discussion.

Cheers,
Grant
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.