ForumsQuestionsBehaviour of URL's in Notes field

Behaviour of URL's in Notes field
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Hi there,

Just a small issue that I find annoying. When I click on a URL in the Notes field of a Task, the website is opened in the same instance (i.e. tab) of the browser (whether it be IE, FireFox or Chrome).

It would be better if that link was opened in a new Tab of the browser so that Toodledo is left open in its own tab.

Regards,
Peter.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Mar 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I prefer to have the URL behavior controlled by the user. PeterW, if you want it to open in a new window, just hold ctrl on a PC or cmd on a Mac. That way all URLs work the same, and YOU are in control of how it opens.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 22, 2010
We agree with Vin. There is a key command to open a link in a new window, but there isn't a key command to open a link in the same window, so the way we currently have it allows the user to choose.
spencer

Posted: Apr 13, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Urrrg. How often do you want the link to open in the same window?? For me, the answer is never. Yet I have to do a two-handed operation every time I click a link.... which for me is quite often because I tend to link my todo list items back to original sources?

Can you please make this an option at least for those of us who want it?

Thanks for your consideration.

This message was edited Apr 13, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
marphod

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
If you don't want to use 2 hands to open the link in another window, right click in windows/linux (or on a multi-button Mac) or click and hold on a mac. "Open in new tab" is in the context window for Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE (well, in versions of the above that have tabs).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.