ForumsQuestions"unchecking" a task

"unchecking" a task
kkerrigan

Posted: Sep 02, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I know this is a newbie question, but I can't seem to find the right phrase to search for the answer, so I'll just ask and hope one of you has mercy on me:
I mistakenly "checked" a task off as completed, and now I can't seem to reinstate it as a task that needs to be done.
And that is related to another problem I'm having: I check off a task when it's done, and then later I look at my tasks and subtasks in a folder or in the hotlist, and I see all the tasks and the subtasks when I click on a main text--all of them. Now, mind you, I'm not looking at the due date over on the right-hand side of the screen, so I'm not noticing that the task I checked off is actually the next year's repeat (because I remember that I set my preferences to hide tasks more than 6 months into the future). So I think to myself that my "checking it off" didn't "take". So I check it again. And the same thing happens, and I check it again! Finally, I realize that I'm successively checking off tasks two years into the future!
So....how do I "uncheck" those tasks, and why are these future tasks appearing on my hotlist or in my folder anyway?
Thanks for your help!
kkerrigan

OK, sorry--I found out how to fix the problem. I just went back to those subtasks and changed the due date from 2011 to 2009.
But I still wish those subtasks didn't show up in my hotlist--it makes me think I have to still do them (and you'd think I'd know that I had, but these are quite mundane, frequently repeated tasks, and they tend to all fuzz together).
Claudio

Here's a link that might help with your subtasks: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Hi, you can uncheck a task by clicking the checkbox again. This will undo any changes that were made when you checked it off. Also, if you don't want to see future tasks, or completed tasks, you can click on the "Filters" link and turn those tasks off.

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.