ForumsQuestionsCan I have different sort criteria per view? If not, can I plea

Can I have different sort criteria per view? If not, can I plea
daveparkinson

Posted: Apr 17, 2010
Score: 5 Reference
It seems like I can only have one sort criteria per view. For example if I have several saved searches, there is ONE and only ONE sort logic applied to all sorting views.

Is there instead a way to have a different sort criteria per view within Search?

I would assume that this is the way the other views work. I.e. for folder, due date, etc tabs there is only one sort per "Section".

It would seem that the ability to have different sort views would be pretty awesome and useful.
Transisto

Score: 2 Reference
Posted by daveparkinson:
would be pretty useful.

I agree on that.

+1
Jrod

Score: 0 Reference
The last I saw this isn't a feature now, but is being looked at.

I also vote on this being an important feature to implement - especially in custom searches. This is the one missing element that keeps custom searches from being the best they can be.

This message was edited Apr 18, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
theZimmee

Posted: Jun 22, 2010
+1 for me... I would like to see sorts saved on a per TAB basis, rather than a per view basis. I have also seen requested the ability to save custom sorting criteria for easy access in the future. That would be nice too but as mentioned here I think it is urgent to save sorts per tab and not per view, both in the saved search area as well as all other views. Thanks.
Rachel.Online

Posted: Oct 19, 2010
I've noticed in the Statistics window, there is a link to the history of completed items. The link automatically tells Toodledo how to sort the requested item as well as which tab to show in the view. How was this link created? It uses the variables i and s to instruct the browser what to display.

If I could bookmark my desired views (with associated sort preference), then it would help make Toodledo more useful while allowing time for the solution to be implemented.

What would be the different variables to add to the link to customize the views requested?
Technocrap

Posted by Rachel.Online:
The link automatically tells Toodledo how to sort the requested item as well as which tab to show in the view. How was this link created?
What would be the different variables to add to the link to customize the views requested?

This is the link to Recently completed witch is NOT sorted independently. And it is highly needed as described here : http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/7577/0/-what-is-recently-added-completed-and-modified-.html

...Variable : there is none yet
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, you could construct and bookmark to the view that you want with the sort that you want. This would be a good workaround. Good idea.

The i variable tells Toodledo which tab to go to. The s variable tells which field to sort by. By hovering your mouse over the tabs and column headings used to sort your list, you'll be able to figure out which codes to use for your particular need.
Patrick Donohue

Posted: Feb 17, 2011
+1 here as well. Strapping me to one view severely limits the great function that ToodleDo offers. Please implement " custom sort view per search" soon!!
stephan

Posted: Mar 08, 2011
+1

This would really ease the use of my searches!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.