ForumsQuestionsTimes out by one hour on iPhone app

Times out by one hour on iPhone app
john

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When I set the time of a task on the thumb wheel on my iPhone app, it shows it as one hour later when the task is displayed. This is obviously something to do with BST (I am in UK) as it only started happening since the clocks went forward. But I cannot see how to alter this in the apps settings. Any ideas?
Claudio

Posted: Apr 20, 2010
Is the problem only on your iPhone or do you also experience the 1-hour discrepancy on the Toodledo website?
Does the time change after you sync your iPhone?

On the website, you can set your time zone here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=4

This message was edited Apr 20, 2010.
john

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
My iPhone shows the correct time.
The web site ToodleDo shows the correct time.
When I synchronise the iPhone with the web site, the web site displays exactly the same time as the iPhone and vice versa.

The problem is that the thumbwheel on the iPhone is 1 hour out. (eg I set the thumbwheel within Toodledo to 14:00 and it shows as 15:00 when the task is viewed.
john

PS The thumbwheel works fine in other apps, eg the alarm
alain

FYI, I have the exact same problem...
marphod

(Wow. How annoying. The convention on this side of the pond is xSx is standard time and xDx is Daylight savings time. Whereas BST is British summer time.)

Is your iPhone correctly set to BST and not GMT/UTC or WET?

It sounds to me like the Toodledo app is using GMT still, and not BST.
john

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
Marphod - I cannot find any mention of BST/UTC in the iPhone settings under date and time. Could you tell me where to find it?

But in any case, if these settings were wrong, the other apps that use time, such as the alarm, would be wrong too, wouldn't they? It is only in Toodledo this problem appears.
marphod

Posted: Apr 23, 2010
After checking my iPod, you appear to be correct, at least from a user interface.

I have no idea how things like that are handled programatically., though.
mikkomih

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Same problem here, thumbwheel seems to be 1hr off.
marphod

Posted: Apr 26, 2010
Out of curiosity, are all of you with this issue in Europe? If so, what time zone is your iPod set to?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2010
Thanks for reporting this bug. It will be fixed in the next update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.