ForumsQuestionsVacations and repeated task

Vacations and repeated task
lyusong

Posted: Sep 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have lots of repeated task, like some daily check on a project, weekly gym check, etc... But If I go on vacation, I will not be able to do any of those, and I may not even be able to connect to internet. So when I come back, there are two issues
1. Now I have lots of unnecessary over-due tasks which needs to be completed.
2. Some of the repeated tasks will not show up on my Today's list, like my daily check on the project. This because of 1, I have over-due tasks of previous days. And it is tedious to complete these over-due tasks as I have to refresh it many many times to complete them day by day. Toodledo does not list all the instances of the over-due daily tasks separately, it displays them as one.

If we can have a way to mark on vacation, so that we don't have overdue on those repeated tasks, that will be great.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 04, 2008
There are two ways to do this.

1) Instead of marking the task as completed a bunch of times to get the due-date moved forward to the correct day, just edit the due-date.
2) Put a ? in front of the due-date (example: "?Sept 6, 2008"). This tells Toodledo that this is an optional task, and it will automatically move it forward for you if the date passes without you completing it.

Hope that helps
chogg

Posted: Sep 06, 2008
Wow... seriously?

That's such a great feature! :)
lyusong

Posted: Sep 07, 2008
The ?date is a new feature to me.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2008
Im glad that it was helpful. You can read about the ? and other due-date modifiers in our help section.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.