ForumsQuestionsConfining tasks to a folder

Confining tasks to a folder
hadleyskidmore

Posted: Apr 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I want to be able to place tasks in a created folder and keep them confined to that folder only (i.e. so that they do not appear in the "All tasks" list or anywhere else, apart from the folder they have been placed into).

The benefit of this would mean that you could address a longterm task list eg For organising a wedding - which might be 3 years away -without all of the wedding tasks clogging up the main "All tasks" list.

Is there any way of being able to do this?
Claudio

Posted: Apr 21, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Well, you have a few choices:

1. You can assign tasks a priority of -1 and then use the "Hide Negative Priority" filter.

2. You can assign a Start Date in the future and use the "Hide Future Tasks" filter.

"This filter will hide or reveal tasks that match any of these criteria. 1) Have a start date that is more than 1 day in the future. 2) Have a due-date that is more than X months into the future, where X is a number that you can set in your account settings. 3) Have a due-date that is more than 1 week in the future and have a due-date modifier.
Deferred Tasks."

3. You can assign a Status and then use the "Hide Deferred Tasks" filter.

"This filter will hide or reveal tasks that have a status that indicates that it is deferred. Currently, any tasks is considered to be deferred if it has a status of Delegated, Waiting, Hold, Postponed, Someday, Canceled, or Reference."

See: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=65

BTW, you can edit all of the tasks in a folder by using the Advanced Search and Multi-Edit feature: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php

Specify the folder, then run the search, and then go to Multi-Edit (at the top right), specify values for the various fields (Priority, Status, or Start Date) and then Save Changes.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2010.
hadleyskidmore

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the help and effort you
have gone to. I will try out those suggestions for sure! Thank you.
sknipfing

Posted: Apr 22, 2010
You could also assign a context to the tasks in that folder. i.e. FarOut

Then filter that out.

I currently have 4 contexts (Work, Home, Calls, and Errands). Usually I either view all tasks or filter based on either where I am or what I need to focus on. Contexts work quite nicely.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.