ForumsQuestionsShow a single line of the notes?

Show a single line of the notes?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

Posted: Sep 05, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I know we all use our tasks programs very differently. I'm sure it's difficult (impossible) to make it fit us all. I'm going to keep posting things I run into in the hope that it's useful. I understand you're dealing with request from lots of perspectives.

I've been looking for a way to generate a view that would keep lots of tasks on the screen, but would also show information from the notes field. The view you have that allows me to show notes on all tasks shows too much of the notes (because I have extensive notes, pages, in most of my tasks) and then I can't get very many on the screen.

I just added several new tasks and found the new tasks were added *exactly* in the manner I would like: A single row showing the normal information for the task, in this case "Task, Folder, Due Date, Repeat, Priority", plus a second line showing the first line of the notes. In my case, that would be the most recent entry.

Is there anyway I can view my all my tasks, or various subsets of them with that single line of the notes showing?
Brian Matlock_1343862228

I just found that the reason these tasks only displayed a single line from the notes field is because that's all I put in the task. The view is displaying the entire notes field. So, I guess I hadn't stumbled into another view option.

But would love to be able to dictate how many lines of the notes showed with the "Show notes" option.

How about a mouse-over window with the notes when I hover over a task?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.