ForumsQuestionsquick-add tasks from windows (outside of browser)

quick-add tasks from windows (outside of browser)
azhummer

Posted: Sep 05, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

Is there a known way to add tasks from windows - without having a web browser open? I would love to be able to hit a hotkey-combination and have a window exactly like the firefox add-on come up for quick entry... Thanks in advance!
aldonc

Posted: Sep 05, 2008
If you're running firefox, get the Prism extension.

-Navigate to the iPhone/Slim interface (http://www.toodledo.com/slim) and use the Tools - Convert Website to Application menu item from Prism.
-Save it on your desktop (one of the Prism options), then assign a hotkey to that shortcut now on the desktop (in the properties for the shortcut).

The alternative is to do the same thing with the regular web page.

One thing I would like is if this method allowed you to just press N and start typing. Apparently there is something about the way focus goes to the Prism app where you have to click in the web page before the N will work.

Edit: My OC tendencies got the best of me... After the hotkey, if you press Tab then N, you'll get the New Task section. Note that this only works with the full Toodledo web page and not the Slim page.

aldon

This message was edited Sep 05, 2008.
Colin A

Posted: Sep 06, 2008
Or you could use Google Chrome - Application shortcut feature...works well for me

This message was edited Sep 06, 2008.
DavidSzp

Posted: Sep 14, 2008
Posted by Colin A:
Or you could use Google Chrome - Application shortcut feature...works well for me

I've been doing exactly this with a Chrome Application shortcut for Toodledo (and Gmail and Freshbooks!) for about a week now and it's great! Hightly recommended, and Chrome runs very fast especially with JavaScript-heavy pages.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.