ForumsQuestionsWish: skip one iteration of a repeat

Wish: skip one iteration of a repeat
nick

Posted: Sep 06, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have a lot of weekly repeating tasks. If I don't get round to doing a task this week, sometimes I'm happy to let it slip to next week, and would just like this week's deadline to disappear from the task list.
I don't want to mark it as done, because I don't want it appearing on the "recently completed" view, and I can't delete it because that'll vape the whole repeating schedule.
What I do is manually move it on one week (or month, or whatever the repeat interval is), but it would be nice to have a single click (and icon to optionally put next to the delete icon) to skip one repeat.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 07, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
Qrystal

Posted: Sep 10, 2008
Yeah, I do that too... put things off ad infinitum. I blame Remember the Milk for having a Postpone option! Heh. :P
DavidSzp

Posted: Sep 11, 2008
I haven't tested this, but I believe from reading the Help file regarding future tasks, you can put a ? (question mark) as the symbol just before the due date to make a task optional. If it's a repeating task and it's after the due date, it skips to making it due on the next repeat instead. The = (equals sign) can be substituted if you want a task to be due on a particular date, but not before (but this does not make it optional like ? does).

Search the Help for "future tasks" (without the quotes) for two or three really good entries, or this is the most relevant to this question: How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?
GS

Posted: Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for the link to the help file. I will try this. I also like the "click to postpone option like RTM has.
GS

Posted: Oct 23, 2008
Posted by DavidSzp:
[quote]I haven't tested this, but I believe from reading the Help file regarding future tasks, you can put a ? (question mark) as the symbol just before the due date to make a task optional. If it's a repeating task and it's after the due date, it skips to making it due on the next repeat instead. The = (equals sign) can be substituted if you want a task to be due on a particular date, but not before (but this does not make it optional like ? does).

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008.
GS

I have not been able to get this to work. Is this working as desribed by DavidSP and "future tasks" help? I mean, does an optional task rollover to the next day if it is not completed. Not for me.

This message was edited Oct 23, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the due-date has a ? in front of it, then it is optional and it will automatically be rescheduled if the due-date passes. It gets rescheduled sometime around 2am in the morning on the day after it was originally due.

Hope that helps.
myacescracked

Posted: Oct 27, 2008
I have not been able to get the "optionally" feature to work. I have several optional tasks to repeat daily that show as past-due on my hotlist rather than due today. Also, I have several tasks that can only be completed on weekends. I have set them as optionally due on Sat or Sun, to repeat the next Sat or Sun, and yet the tasks still show up in my hotlist as past-due tasks on weekdays.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2008
Do you have your timezone set correctly and using a ? in front of the due-date to make it optional?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.