ForumsQuestionsSubtasks and sorting issue

Subtasks and sorting issue
cgarness

Posted: May 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I use Todo for the iPad and iPhone and I just purchased a Pro Toodledo account to keep everything in synch and to allow me to reduce interface clutter with subtasks.

If I sort Todo by Date Due > priority parent tasks appear near the top of the list based on one of its subtask's due date. If I expand the parent task I can see the subtask that needs my attention now. But in Toodledo, parent tasks (especially ones without due dates themselves) get thrown to the bottom of my list regardless of the subtask's due date.

I found this under Toodledo help:

"...if you have nesting turned on, a subtask that is due today will not appear in the "Due Today" section unless the parent task is also due today. It is safer to view subtasks flattened out because they won't be hidden and potentially forgotten."

If flattening one's to do list in Toddledo is the only way to sort the tasks you must complete for the day then why did Toodledo even bother with subtasks at all? In order to be useful, you have to look at your list in flattened mode which means its as busy as it would have been be without subtasks at all.

Luckily, I have my iPad and iPhone with me most of the time. Its a shame I can't have the same clean interface when using the Toodledo web app.

Am I missing something here?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 25, 2010
We plan to provide a way for the due-date/priority of a subtask to trickle up to the parent task to make it visible when nested. I think this will address your concern.
andrewhzhang

Posted: May 27, 2010
I think this will be an extremely useful upgrade.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.