ForumsQuestionsiPhone collaboration

iPhone collaboration
Jon

Posted: May 31, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I just bought 2 copies of Toodledo and very nearly signed up to 2 pro accounts (but then discovered the free 7 day trial ) only to discover the iPhone app doesn't support collaboration.

I searched these forums and discovered that it may be coming in future. Any progress on this or have wasted my money ?
Transisto

Posted: Jun 01, 2010
Score: 2 Reference
Yes thats a shame !
Use any other iphone client and you'll be able to send tasks by mail.(at least)
no need for pro

This ranks very high on the WTF scale.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Collaboration via the iPhone is a top request and it is definitely on our to-do list.
jan

Posted: Jun 16, 2010
yes please makeitwork.nu :D
thanks
JP

Posted: Jul 23, 2010
Thanks for the post. I almost bought pro accounts and iphone apps to do this as well, but collaboration was the only advanced feature I was interested in. Guess we'll continue using the other iPhone apps that do this even though I generally like Toodledo better.

BTW, the collaboration feature on here appears to enforce the concept that only one of the two people can own a task at any givne time, and that the other person is a collaborator that just views the owner's tasks. I'd really like to see a better approach for shared ownership tasks/folders.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 26, 2010
You are correct. Currently, a task must have a single owner. We are working to change this.
Nate.logic

Posted: Aug 12, 2010
Unfortuntaly I did not find this post in time and I ended up buying 2 subscriptions only to discover that this does not work like everyone is saying. But come on Toodledo you have been responding to features like this since 2008 (see below). So in 2 years you have made zero progress on this as a functionality.

SHAME ON YOU and crappy for me for assuming something

Thanks for wasting my money, but i guess I can always leave a comment on the itunes store to prevent others from making the same assumptions I did!!

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 From Topic: "Collaborator" via IPhone/SLIM version

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we plan to have collaborator features on the iPhone eventually. Thanks!
Kathy

Posted: Sep 26, 2010
I purchased two Pro Subscriptions and two iPhone apps. The capability of collaboration on tasks via iPhone is the single functionality that makes any of those purchases worthwhile in my case. I would suspect it would rank high with many users.

Why not make shared tasks simply integrated with each user's task list?

Is there news you can bring on the development of this feature?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 27, 2010
It is a big project, and we are working on it.
Aaron

Posted: Oct 11, 2010
well, I found the answer to my question.

I wish I wouldn't have paid for the two apps and two pro accounts now.

It's very misleading to say it allows collaboration without saying the app does not allow for collaboration.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 11, 2010
I am sorry if it wasn't clear what is supported in our iPhone app. Our iPhone app only has a subset of the total functionality of this website. On the description page in the App Store we describe everything that it can do. Collaboration is not listed as a feature for the iPhone app, but we are working hard to implement it.

If you would like a refund, please create a support ticket and we can do that for you.
nasco

Posted: Oct 12, 2010
I cannot get Tasks to manually sync. What should I do. I have an Iphone 4 and it worked previously just fine.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 13, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Jan.juricek

Posted: Oct 15, 2010
I second this feature request. A simple combobox when adding a task would be a great startup while waiting for the full scale viewing of other's tasks would be available...

It would cover the largest (and I suppose simple to execute) demand - to be able to save a task to my collaborator. Viewing it is secondary. At least for me.
Ivo

Posted: Jan 01, 2011
I just wasted 30 bucks for two Pro accounts, just to find out colaboration is not working for iPhone/iPad. You should spell out in iPhone app's description that colaboration is not implemented.

Please add this feature!!!!
Reinvest in app to make it better, insted of pocketing all the cash.

I am willing to pay 10$ for iPhone PRO version with colaboration.
Purveyor

Posted: Jan 01, 2011
You can ask for a refund. See: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=37
If you are not happy with your purchase, you may request a refund within 30 days. Please use the Contact Us link to make your request.
rbell

Posted: Jan 02, 2011
You can add me to the list of users requesting this feature. I have to say, I like the collaboration feature of the web app. Looking forward to the ability to collaborate from the iPhone though!
jimwstevenson71

Posted: Jan 03, 2011
urgently needed - pls add me! Please can you advise on a timeframe otherwise I will have to try another to do list!

This message was edited Jan 03, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 04, 2011
I am sorry if you were misled. Nowhere on our website or in the app description in iTunes do we indicate that collaboration is supported on the iPad/iPhone. We are working on this, but we are happy to provide a refund if you do not want to wait.
osmanbo

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
jimwstevenson71, I would love the collaboration too and look forward to it. However, please do know that I've spent a bunch of money on a variety of other apps, but I keep coming back to Toodledo.

One suggestion is for you to try the Task2Gather, it is definitely a collaboration todo, but does not have the variety of features that Toodledo does.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.