ForumsQuestionsIsolating shared folders

Isolating shared folders
rob

Posted: Sep 14, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I have three seperate folders on my TODO list - one per each of the customer I'm working for. What I need to be abke to do is to share those TODO lists with each customer, *without* them being abke to see each other's lists. Each customer should only be able to see his own TODO list so that they can see what I'm working on and when it is due.

What's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

Rob
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 14, 2008
If you have a Pro account, you can setup private sharing on a per-folder basis for each of your clients so that they only have access to their folders. The sharing can be in read only mode, or you can give them permission to edit and add tasks in their folder.

You can learn more about sharing here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php

Hope that helps

This message was edited Sep 14, 2008.
rob

Posted: Sep 17, 2008
I can't share a folder without making it public, which is what I'm trying to avoid. The screenshot for private shring in the help section doesn't match what I'm seeing on that screen and the folder isn't appearing in the "specific folders" list - only public ones
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 17, 2008
If you set a folder to be private, it can't be shared with anyone (because it's private). Unchecking the "Private" checkbox on a folder doesn't necessarily make it publicly shared. This will only happen if you have public sharing enabled.

Hope that helps
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.