ForumsQuestionsAAND The Best Task Manager is....

AAND The Best Task Manager is....
Andrew

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
We all know the answer to that right? Well maybe we do, but people using other task mangers probably are not aware of this.

I want to create/amend a chart just like the one at (http://www.toodledo.com/info/compare.php) to show everyone at the other sites. First of all, I think we should add a category for "Start Date" because that is one of the big features that everyone at RTM is whining about. I also think the RTM "Context" should be changed to "Yes". The feature is named "Location" over there.

Here is a list of features that should be added to that comparison chart.
-Start Date
-Individual reminders for each task
-Numerous sorting options
-Search should be renamed to "smart lists"
-Stars
-Manual Sort (currently Toodledo is subtasks only, but it'e better than nothing.)

And here is another thing. I want to add features on the chart that Toodledo does NOT support. Such as the location feature in RTM, where each context has a specific Google Maps location and the program can automatically route you on the shortest path. Or the smart add feature which I believe you can only access in Toodledo via email.

Here are some suggestions for features that other task managers have over Toodledo:
-Location feature I just mentioned
-Smart add/text only entry with metadata like tags (currently only via email which seems unreasonable)
-Saved searches/smart lists on the iPhone

Hopefully with a chart that is more accurate and less biased than the current one that we have, Toodledo can gain a lot more business and income. Post any suggestions as to what to add on the lists.
Andrew A

LOL... fun list and looking to pick up the disaffected RTM users... and an honesty update. I'm all for it, especially if we get enough new pro users that TD hires yet another developer (or UI developer).
JamesD_3

I love the power and flexibility of Toodledo. I was a RTM user for a long period before I just got disgusted with the lack of development for the web portion of the production. Not every user uses an iPhome/iPad.

I do wish the front-end was a little easier to use, but hopefully that will come soon.
jasonkellington

Posted: Jun 15, 2010
+1 to UI dev!
Andrew

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Please do not turn this into a "+1" thread. That is exactly what the "subtasks" and "Evernote" threads on RTM have degenerated to.

I'd really like some additional criteria that people think are significant when deciding on a task manager. UI is a very significant one, but you can't really say "good" and "best". This is an objective includes/doesn't include chart.
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
I would add "configurable interface" or something like that to the list. For example:
* you can create & name your own folders
* you can sort your folders into a custom order

This provides many possibilities for users. For example:
* you could make Toodledo as simple (one folder/list) or as complex (many folders/lists) as you wish
* folders can be used for a variety of purposes, e.g:
 - large areas of responsibility (e.g. work, personal)
 - work functions (e.g. admin, accounts, customers, vendors)
 - GTD system (e.g. Next, Projects, Waiting for, Someday, etc)

I think this is one of the features that makes Toodledo such a gem - it is very flexible and does not limit you to a rigid structure as some other systems do.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.