ForumsQuestionsCan we help create themes for Toodledo?

Can we help create themes for Toodledo?
kellyrued

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi! I am just getting started (again) with Toodledo and I notice that a lot of other people like Toodledo but the user interface and experience is commonly criticized. It is functional, but not as spiffy as some competing apps.

People have different expectations for software depending on the other apps people are using. For some, Toodledo looks and works "as good as expected" but for other people, it looks like it needs a slicker ajax interface and a prettier, more compact page layout.

As a developer, I do like that you provide an API to the great Toodledo functionality, but it seems to me that the main "con" of using Toodledo is actually the interface, but I do not see ways to personalize the UX much. I think that a templating engine of some type would go a long way toward invigorating the Toodledo user base by giving people different layout and user experience options for the web version of the product. Different types of users would be able to pick more appropriate themes for the way they use Toodledo.

If there are not currently plans to implement some kind of template/theme system, perhaps there can be a community collaboration with the Toodledo developers to get something rolling. Smarty Template engine might be a good choice, but there are a lot of different ways to do themes.

Cheers,
Kelly
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.
PeterW 

@Kelly,

I like the idea of a template engine for users that would enable visual improvement without the need for coding/scripting.

Meanwhile, in case you were unaware there are a number of user-developed scripts available that provide visual enhancement for Toodledo. These scripts have been written for use in the FireFox browser running with an add-in named Stylish although they can also be installed in Google Chrome. Getting them setup is fairly straightforward.

The list of available themes are located here:
http://userstyles.org/styles/browse/toodledo.com

A few that I think are very good are "Toodledoish" and "Toodledo Me Too".

This message was edited Jun 17, 2010.
kellyrued

Thanks PeterW,

I am testing with the Stylish add-on in Firefox.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.