ForumsQuestionsHow do you set a task to repeat until a particular date?

How do you set a task to repeat until a particular date?
Sam Diener

Posted: Jun 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
This seems obvious, but I haven't found an answer. Say I need to do something once a week for 8 weeks and then stop. How do I tell it to only repeat for 8 times or until a particular date?

On a related issue, will the update to iOS 4 do anything to enable ToodleDo to display all the repeated task on my ical calendar to which I'm syncing? Right now, it only shows the next one, not the next 8, which makes checking the calendar useless.

By the way, just to vent, my old Palm Treo handled this fine for years. Why has the iphone gone backwards and still not fixed this? Or, please tell me this is fixed and I'm just missing it.
sknipfing

I haven't found a way to do it. So I note when it should end and delete the last task on or after that date.
Claudio

Posted by Sam Diener:
Say I need to do something once a week for 8 weeks and then stop. How do I tell it to only repeat for 8 times or until a particular date?
You can't do this in Toodledo. You would need to create another task to remind yourself on particular date to remove the repeat. Or, you can do what Scott does.
On a related issue, will the update to iOS 4 do anything to enable ToodleDo to display all the repeated task on my ical calendar to which I'm syncing? Right now, it only shows the next one, not the next 8, which makes checking the calendar useless.
Even on the website the only instance of a repeating task is the next one, so iOS 4 won't change this. Possibly it could be a user preference but I definitely don't want to see all future instances of repeating tasks that will go on forever.
By the way, just to vent, my old Palm Treo handled this fine for years.
What specifically do you meant by "this"? Stopping a repeat, or displaying all future repeating tasks? BTW, I used a Treo (600 and 650) before changing to an iPhone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 18, 2010
It is not currently possible to set a stop date for a repeating task, but this is on our to-do list.

We are also looking into having a preference that allows all future versions of a repeating task to be viewed on the calendar.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.