ForumsQuestionsFeature Request - skipping/modifying repeating tasks

Feature Request - skipping/modifying repeating tasks
tommy.kelly

Posted: Jun 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
[Apologies if this is not the place for an FR]

When the next instance of a repeating task becomes overdue, it would useful if the following two options were possible:

1. Skip the instance. This would act like marking it as done in the sense that it is no longer to be done. But it would be archived with a status of "skipped" rather than "done.

and/or

2. Reschedule the instance into the future but without disturbing the future instances (a la repeating calendar events in Google). So, suppose I have a task of "Close Finances" on the 10th of each month, but then something happens on August (say) 10th which means I have to wait until the 15th to do that task, but only for this month. I'd like to reschedule August's task to August 15th, but still have all subsequent months be on the 10th. Google effectively does this by detaching the "exception" task from the sequence.

Nothing ultra urgent, but a common requirement (for me anyway) I think.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
tommy.kelly

Posted: Jul 02, 2010
Here's the workaround I've begun to use in this situation.

1. Clone the repeating task in question

2. Modify the new clone so it is not repeating. I usually change the name too, to show that it's now a one-off. For example, "Close Finances" gets clones, and the clone is renamed as "Close June Finances"

3. Mark the repeating task as done (so its *next* instance becomes the one due next)

That's it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.