ForumsQuestionsiOS 4 push notifications broken.

iOS 4 push notifications broken.
jasonfeng83

Posted: Jun 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Please let me know if I'm just missing something simple.
I am a Pro subscriber and I'm running iOS 4 on the iPhone 4. I cannot get the push notifications for reminders to work. In settings the push notifications is on, but Toodleto is not listed as one of the programs. And even after reinstalling it at no point does the it ask me to allow push notifications either.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are looking into this. I have successfully received a push notification on my iPhone 4, but there may be some upgrade/reinstall path that causes it to stop working with the iOS 4 update. We are investigating and will fix it as soon as we can.
jasonfeng83

Thank you. Do you see Toodleto app under push notifications in your settings?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, I do. I think it may have something to do with iOS4 on clean installs instead of upgrades.
PeterW 

Posted: Jun 27, 2010
I'm using a 3GS and upgraded from 3.x to iOS4, and I see Toodledo in the notifications and it's working OK for me.
john

I too had no problems after upgrading my 3G to iOS4. However, I'm not getting the alert to enable push notifications when I install the app on my new iPhone 4. I've installed and uninstalled, to no avail.

I know you're on this, but I figured I'd share too so you wouldn't think you're alone on this.

I'm anxiously waiting on the fix.
caspersgrin

iPhone 4, same as above. I didn't get an alert to enable push notifications and when I go into settings -> notifications, toodledo is absent from the list of apps.
George D.

Score: -1 Reference
Brand new iPhone4 and I am having the same issue as the original poster. Otherwise the application works like a charm.
brandongomez

Score: 1 Reference
Having the same issue here. New iPhone 4 and I did a clean install. Didn't restore the backup from my 3GS and Toodledo isn't showing in Push Notifications.

SplashID is also experiencing a bug with iOS4 right now but not with push notifications.

Hope is fixed soon...I need my Toodledo notifications!
Jacob Sullivan

Posted: Jun 28, 2010
I'm also experiencing this issue with my iPhone 4. Please fix this soon; notifications not working is a HUGE issue. I can't speak for everyone, but I know for myself that not having that avaliable to me almost defeats the purpose in having this app due to the way I use it.

Thanks!
m.orzegowski

Same here.pro user upgraded to ios4 from 3.1.2. push not working
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yes, there is an iOS 4 compatibility problem with push notifications. It only seems to affect devices capable of multi-tasking (3GS and iPhone 4) running iOS4. We have already fixed this and submitted it to Apple for review/approval.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Apple changed a lot of stuff with iOS 4 and we are still playing catchup a little bit. The next update should be out soon and should resolve all the known (reported) bugs.
brandongomez

Thanks for the update! I've been very happy using Toodledo and knew you guys would solve the issue. Glad to hear it's a quick fix/update.
paul.homer

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
Thanks for the update, I have the problem and am looking forward to the fix.
alainroset

Posted: Jun 30, 2010
In a recent ticket, I tell you alarms no longer runs on my new iPhone 4. You tell me : "the compatibility issue with iOS 4 causes push notifications to not work", and you say : "push notifications and alarms are the same thing".

Today, push notifications are ok, but alarms doesn't run. Why ?

Sorry for my english.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 30, 2010
I guess I don't understand what you are referring to when you say "push notifications" and "alarms" because I think of them as being the same thing. Maybe you can explain what the difference is.
alainroset

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
Alarms : sound reminders for tasks that are due soon (buzzer, boing...)

On my new iPhone 4, no alarms...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2010
Yes, alarms are currently not working for all people due to an iOS compatibility issue. We have already submitted an update to Apple that fixes this. Apple is running a little slow on reviewing updates now due to the fact that everyone is updating their apps to fix iOS 4 bugs.
alainroset

Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Thanks. Do you know how long is the validation by Apple ?
Darrel

Posted: Jul 05, 2010
Thank you for getting on this. Apple is definitely running dog-slow on approvals right now. I'm an iPhone 4 user and just bought the app yesterday. I guess I'll turn on email or SMS notifications for now....

Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.