ForumsQuestionsParent Task feature requests

Parent Task feature requests
kryptahniuo

Posted: Jun 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
It would be great for me (and others, I'm sure) if a parent task checkbox indicated if _some_ of its subtasks are completed (a behavior that can be seen in many other interfaces... usually a dash in the box instead of a check)

Doing graphic design, I have tons of tasks that involve me doing initial work and then sending off for approval. It would be nice if having 1 or more subtasks completed in the parent task gave the parent a partially-checked status. That would give me a great visual cue as to what has been done, and what I am waiting on, without having to expand a huge tree of tasks (which I don't want to do).

Also - I agree with others on the forums that I have read who asked for the parent to act more like a container picking up its status from the highest-priority or soonest-due subtask.

If there were some type of task template (I guess, another feature request) then I could quickly create a template for a design job that looked like:

Task || (notes about job specs, etc.)
--initial design || status: active
--approval || status: waiting
--revise || status: active
--2nd approval || status: waiting
--send || status: active

If the parent task picked up the status from the subtask (and I could have a task template to make the above... which is the same for about everything I do), then it would make my workflow very streamlined.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions. We can't comment on a timeframe for implementation, but these are on our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.